News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell XPS 13 Ultrabook Review

Started by Redaktion, February 25, 2015, 08:51:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

No compromises - part 2. Compact, highly mobile, attractive - this is how one could sum up the Dell XPS 13. Thanks to its Core i7 processor, the notebook is quite powerful as well, although the battery life suffers as a result.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-XPS-13-Ultrabook-Review.136793.0.html

jb14

Thanks for the review. I have the FHD matte screen with the i5 and I have also noticed the screen is no where near 350+ brightness, especially coming from a laptop that was very bright. My screen is much more around 200 - 250cd/m2. I have read other people who have noticed the same thing. I know there is variation in all panels but a swing of over 100cd.m2 seems a lot. Is this normal practice? Thanks

markus_wes

I suggest the testers read:

http://www.windowscentral.com/72-hours-new-dell-xps-13 for:
"Battery life is much better without running Google Chrome. We were never expecting the i7 model to get close to the lower spec models in this regard, but running Google Chrome took hours (plural) from it. Without it, using IE 11, I've been hovering around the 7 hour mark off charger with a fair bit of music playing and Photoshop usage thrown in there. Honestly, I'm happy enough with 7 hours. Compared to the 4 or less I've had from a previous, fruity laptop, it's great."

and http://www.anandtech.com/show/8983/dell-xps-13-review/5 for:
"One more note about the Dell displays though is that they have an auto-brightness adjustment with no way to disable it. It seems to manifest itself the most, and the most severe, when there are large contrast changes on-screen. For this reason, our automated testing for the color accuracy would not work at all because of the abrupt changes on the screen as it flashed among the various colors. This would cause the screen to go bright and dim and caused some very erroneous readings."

This could explain the worse battery and lower brightness...

Jason Aldridge

DELL XPS13 touch screen laptop is a terrible product for the money.  Very poor wifi connectivity and finicky is many ways.  Much better products on the market than a Dell.

Ted

Before buying please make a full research and not reviews that actually is marketing in some cases. I say please find real owner reviews as when you try to review a bad product you not even allowed.

XPS is more likely to have faults. I bought Dell XPS 13, i7, 16 RAM, 512ssd (touch screen) say top of the range they have.
Built quality is poor!
I am sending my one back because of the fan. Arrived already faulty.

See: https://youtu.be/mlBDRNtxBmI
My friend bought one which came with a faulty graphic card.

Customer service is so poor that I am not taking any further risks to order a new one. I bought XPS13 on line on 08.03.16 seller promised to deliver it on 11.03.16 however it only dispatched China on 11.03.16 and arrived on 16.03.16 faulty. Customer service is so slow to respond & it will be collected tomorrow on 21.03.16. Refund will be processed in another 7 days. I say it is a waste of time for a normal consumer. . . Buying x1 at least when I get it I know that company is not hiding their numbers, will respond same day (not like Dell in 2 business days), customer service won't allow such terrible resolutions when resolving these type of issues arising from their own incompetence and negligence....

Posting this review because I am very upset with Dell & their customer service. No reputable manufacturer would allow their clients to be in a situation like this - cannot get a product which works and waist time until refund is processed. I personally lost 2 weeks so far and still have no refund and no laptop....

John L

I bought one in fall 2015 - anyone know if this can be upgraded to 16g RAM?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview