News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell Inspiron 15 7000 7567 Gaming Notebook Review

Started by Redaktion, February 13, 2017, 01:23:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Gaming companion with stamina. Dell has equipped the Inspiron 15 7000 gaming series with cutting-edge hardware and does not only convince us in terms of performance, but also surprises us with an exemplary battery life. We are impressed - were it not for the display.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-Inspiron-15-7000-7567-Gaming-Notebook-Review.196454.0.html

edit1754

Great review.

Prospective buyers: Due to the poor quality display, I would not recommend to buy this laptop. The difference between a good display and a not-so-good one can easily be one of the absolute most noticeable things. For gaming in particular, this poor quality display can be considered to defeat some of the purpose of buying a 'gaming' laptop: to make games look better. For gaming, I would prioritize: Good GPU + Good Display. You'll likely notice more difference from those than almost anything else. An i5 quad vs i7 quad won't make a huge difference when paired with the GTX 1050(Ti), RAM is easily upgradable, and SSD is easily upgradable.

If you're in the US, I would recommend something like the Eluktronics N850HK1: https://www.amazon.com/Eluktronics-N850HK1-Premium-Performance-Laptop/dp/B06X6BB9F7/

It's $899 (as of writing) and has a GTX 1050 Ti alongside a 1920x1080 IPS display (actually one of the better IPS displays, with 72% NTSC gamut).

The Acer Aspire VX 15 could be a good option too, if you make sure you're getting a version with the IPS display.

Arti

I just talked to Dell Support and asked them about dispaly, they told me that now it is a IPS display, probably they have solved this problem. Could you please test it again and make some changes in your review.

Mark R. Graves

I have the version of this with the 512GB SSD (instead of 256GB), 16GB RAM, and the non-glossy UHD IPS screen.   The screen is very, very nice.

Ion

What is the model pictured at the very top of the article? Because it lacks a numpad - looks like a "hybrid" between the XPS 15 and the Inspiron gaming.
Can anyone please clarify on that?
Thanks in advance!

Tanzeel

hey which dell support did you call ? I mean the country ? plz let me know
Quote from: Arti on February 22, 2017, 17:04:17
I just talked to Dell Support and asked them about dispaly, they told me that now it is a IPS display, probably they have solved this problem. Could you please test it again and make some changes in your review.

AC

I bought this laptop (the version with 1050ti, 16GB RAM, 1TB + 256GB SSD HDD), and my only complaint was how seriously awful the screen is. I tried to let it slide, but I couldn't do it, it's the worst screen I've ever seen. Performance wise it is a very capable laptop, and can even run Witcher 3 on mostly high (only a couple options like Shadows need to be turned down to medium) settings at 60fps. Even on everything Ultra, it still runs 30+ without issue.

Fortunately, it is crazy easy to replace with a IPS replacement screen which you can buy on Amazon for ~$60 US (I'm in Canada, so it was $88 for me). Search reddit for 7567 replacement screen, and there's a bunch of people posting what screens they used, and videos on how to replace it (it's seriously very easy to replace).

My enjoyment with the laptop increased by a ton since getting the new screen. I would advise to anyone thinking about this laptop, unless you really want 4k, go with a lesser model, and buy a replacement screen, rather than buying the most expensive model from Dell. Outside some HDD options and more RAM, the screen is the only difference between the most expensive and cheapest model. Both the RAM and SSD'd can be installed/upgraded at a later date if you really want. Dell made the laptop very upgradeable in those regards.

gringo

Hi,
Would realy appreciate you do a quick review of UHD IPS panel, to see how brightness, contrast and colors are out of-the-box, and after calibration?
Thanx
P.S.
Notebookcheck's reviews rock

Newell

Update! Now FHD IPS Panel is available on ALL 1050ti FHD models, for just an extra +$50 !

The display is now configurable through the website. As of this time I am writing, the i5 1050ti model is discounted from $900 to $850, so by adding IPS it's still only $900.

This eliminates the deal breaker and made the laptop a fully recommended buy!

Bhanu Teja

Does the m.2 slot work at pcie speeds or sata 3 speed..if i get a 1tb hdd only version..what kind of m.2 ssd should i buy...samsung 850 or 950 evo...

Kamil

Hello,
I have question about temperature.
How hot it should be on idle ?
My dell is around 50 c on pcu.
However on load the temps at pcu are at maximum 80 c.
Is it good or should I return it for warranty?

Pegade

i hesitant between
Dell 7567 UHD version , Lenovo Y720 , MSI GT62VR 7RE Dominator Pro
i'm concern in durability , cooling (i live in heat country) ,performance, ports
i need the laptop for work and study not for gaming although VR nice to have.
the price between dell and Lenovo is the same but the MSI have a large price
but it have 32GB
can u help??

dthrp

@Pegade:
Don't invest in features that are "nice to have", invest in what you need at the moment. The Inspiron is most durable and cost effective out of current budget performance class, but if you could sacrifice portability, there're many more options such as the Dominator Pro.

Sudhanshoo Saxena

You have not mentioned any thing about virtualization. Does this laptop support virtualization? My requirement to install CentOS (Linux) in virtual environment with  VMWare or Virtual Box, does it Support that?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview