News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus ZenBook UX3410UA Notebook Review

Started by Redaktion, January 23, 2017, 08:44:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The ZenBook now with 14 inches. Asus expands its ZenBook lineup with the 14-inch system UX3410UA and puts a 14-inch display in a 13-inch chassis. The attractive design does not change and we get a bright display as well as sufficient performance. Only the current state of the fan affects the good overall impression a bit.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-ZenBook-UX3410UA-Notebook-Review.192282.0.html

Kamil

What's the difference between these two models: UX3410U(A/Q) and UX410(A/Q)?

As I'm waiting for the UX410UQ official release in Poland (as other countries has this laptop in sale from about 2-3 months), and don't know if should I wait for it or get interested in UX3410UQ.

ILDARKA

Where is the holes for ventilation? For air circulation? :o
How the fan wokrs in this case?

johnessy115

Does this mean you can't charge the battery of this laptop with a power bank over usb-c?

JK

Quote from: Kamil on January 24, 2017, 09:12:41

As I'm waiting for the UX410UQ official release in Poland (as other countries has this laptop in sale from about 2-3 months), and don't know if should I wait for it or get interested in UX3410UQ.

I think the only difference between those models is that UX3410UA has an empty 2.5" slot, which UX410UA doesn't have (same goes for the UX-models). I have the UX410UQ myself and I really love the screen quality. Typing feel of the keyboard could be better though.

TOP2016

Quote from: JK on January 25, 2017, 01:18:06
Quote from: Kamil on January 24, 2017, 09:12:41

I think the only difference between those models is that UX3410UA has an empty 2.5" slot, which UX410UA doesn't have (same goes for the UX-models). I have the UX410UQ myself and I really love the screen quality. Typing feel of the keyboard could be better though.

can you tell me which kind of screen it is? Its screen ID? would be very much appreciated!

JK

Quote from: TOP2016 on February 03, 2017, 22:51:54
can you tell me which kind of screen it is? Its screen ID? would be very much appreciated!

AUDA64 shows the following info:
Monitor ID: CMN14D2
Model: N140HCE-EN1

Yapok

Quote from: johnessy115 on January 24, 2017, 10:59:57
Does this mean you can't charge the battery of this laptop with a power bank over usb-c?
I am also interested in knowing about this. Unfortunately I couldn't find anybody online who has tested charging. I doubt it's possible though.

Lou

I contacted ASUS and they say they do not sell this in the US. Is that true or do they sell this under a different model number?

Nase0815

Quote from: ILDARKA on January 24, 2017, 09:31:20
Where is the holes for ventilation? For air circulation? :o
How the fan wokrs in this case?

The only holes that I see are the ones to the left and right of the fan. That means the fan will suck in air from the gap between the body and the display. It will also exhaust air through that gap, so there is actually a chance that some percentage of the air "loops".

Yapok

Quote from: Yapok on February 04, 2017, 22:14:09
Quote from: johnessy115 on January 24, 2017, 10:59:57
I am also interested in knowing about this. Unfortunately I couldn't find anybody online who has tested charging. I doubt it's possible though.

I see now that they specify in the review "USB-C + Display Port, no Power delivery". So, no, no docking for these Zenbooks

Roman Burkovsky

Thanks for a detailed review!
Would I be able to plug in 4k monitor at 60Hz to HDMI/USB-C outputs?

Ahmed

hi bro
no u can't bcoz the HDMI type is not version 2. ... also the usp c here is note a thunderbolt 3 so u can't use an adapter.. also there is no displayport or docking station place .

AndyWang

Is it possible to reprogram the cursor keys, so that I would not have to hold Fn key together with an "up" cursor key to execute "PageUp"--as if I had a dedicated PageUp key? (without using a third-party program like AutoHotkey?
and
Can I connect a universal docking station via usbC to display extended desktop on, e.g., 2 external FHD monitors?
thx
brgrds
Andy

PamaDice

Helli there, i just got this notebook two days ago and i am wondering a lot about the charging of this device. I can only charge the battery when its almost empty (~15-20%), then the battery charges up to 100% unless i interrupt it. If i interrupt the process i can't charge it anymore until the battery is low again. Is this some weird power management by asus or is my device broken? I would appreciate an answer!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview