News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

MSI GL72 6QF Xotic PC Edition Notebook Review

Started by Redaktion, March 16, 2016, 08:25:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Big screen, affordable price. The MSI GT72 may be the flagship model, but there are plenty of mainstream options from the same manufacturer. We check out the new GL72 starting for just under $1000 USD with GTX 960M graphics to see how it compares in the budget gaming market.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/MSI-GL72-6QF-Xotic-PC-Edition-Notebook-Review.161014.0.html

moon moon

PWM flickering at 99% brightness setting and TN at 2000$>? Thats just sad.

ysdfgciluhkmp

According to the official msi website, the 15,6 inch model GL62 has a panel with "wide-view technology" (the msi-equivalent to ips I think?). Will you test this version too?

Fanee

I need help in deciding if I should go for MSI GL72 6QF or asus GL752VW since my budget cap is 1000 euro max. Any suggestion ?

Daniel.A

This review was both in depth and professional and it affirmed my decision to purchase this computer through Antonline.com Delivery is quite slow however so I have yet to enjoy the computer to affirm or deny this review in its entirety. But, I will be testing the pc thoroughly.

MSM345

There is an app released by MSI called 'silent option'. This enables to completely shut down the fans when doing non-heavy tasks, by using advanced settings and sliding the first slider all the way down to 0%. This way the CPU fan kicks in at 50 degrees celcius, but the CPU temp on passive cooling in my notebook does not pass 42 degrees celcius on everyday use in combination with the office profile and gear-shift on green.

Unfortunately due to the hardware limitations of the fans the minimum speed is still the relatively noisy 3000RPM, so reducing the sound other then completely turning the fans off is not an option. However I'm still surprised how good this notebook performs on passive cooling. It helps preventing fast dust accumulation :D.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview