News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo Legion Pro 5 16IRX8 laptop review: A hefty US$1600 for the GeForce RTX 4060

Started by Redaktion, May 05, 2023, 23:09:31

Previous topic - Next topic

NikoB

Taking options from 4060-4070, a person must understand that these are never gaming decisions. This is more of a choice in favor of a laptop for work and home, but not for games. And in any case, all "gaming" laptops with a consumption of more than 120W today will be wildly noisy in games and their lifespan is extremely short both in terms of their capabilities in games and in terms of the reliability of the power binding of the processor and gpu, so there is simply no choice.

Why the masses are bought for the marketing of "game" series, I do not understand. It's obvious though.

Stubbieoz

Quote from: NikoB on August 17, 2023, 13:07:54
Quote from: Gastredner on August 17, 2023, 08:20:19Fan noise when running Witcher 3 on Performance would stabilize at 47.6 dB(A)...If the CPU and GPU are stressed significantly more such as with benchmarks or with very demanding games, however, our Legion Pro 5 16 can reach the same 55 dB(A) maximum.

This worries me a bit. 55db is very annoyingly loud. I am a bit dissappointed that Lenovo relies on only two pretty shallow looking (<10mm?) fans and a few heatpipes. The Alienware M16 or the Asus Strix 16 each have a small third fan. The Alienware X16 has 4 big fans which would be awesome if Dell did not decide to ruin it by making it a lot too thin. Nevertheless competitors move to enhanced cooling with more than two fans allowing for quieter fans under load while Lenovo still relies on only two fans on their Pro 5 and even the expensive Pro 7.
All this is useless, because physics cannot be deceived. If you do not want to sit in tiresome noise and with the probability of failure of electronics within 2 years, buy a desktop.

Even desktop 4090s are much quieter thanks to huge 3-slot heatsinks and 3-4 coolers, despite the huge consumption. At the same time, they are up to 1.5 times faster than mobile 4090.

Play on a "gaming" laptop - judge to engage in masturbation. This is what desktops are for. With large monitors, comfortable chairs and high-quality full-fledged keyboards with long key travel and good tactile feedback.

For the price of a laptop with 7945HX + 4090, you can buy a desktop with a huge monitor and all this will be much quieter and at the same time at least 1.5 times faster in fps.

If a person is not a shift worker or he does not have an urgent need for some reason to constantly be on the road - at home there is nothing better than a quiet desktop even under full load.

Today it is impossible to buy a universal laptop for both games and business, for a simple reason - in games it is already obsolete at the time of purchase.

Judging peoples needs for gaming is folly when you only compare people to your needs and circumstances.

I need a gaming laptop as my wife and I share a common room, for her crafting and for me gaming. When she crafts she wants open windows and lights. When I game I want darkness with no glare.
So having a laptop to game on allows me to move to another room when she wants to craft.

I also have a gaming desktop pc but I can only use that when she is not crafting.
Noisy gaming laptops are not a problem when you use headphones btw.

So please rethink your need to put down everyone who uses a "gaming" laptop.

NikoB

Quote from: Stubbieoz on October 21, 2023, 13:07:05Noisy gaming laptops are not a problem when you use headphones btw.
Does your wife also sit with you wearing headphones so as not to listen to the hellish howl of your laptop's turbines while playing games? =)

A desktop computer assembled wisely is 100% silent at 100% processor load and quiet enough in games for not to annoy family members, like those nasty "gaming" laptops, which can be heard in other rooms even at 40-44 dBA.

Finally grow up. Games are evil and a waste of time for an adult, as well as for a child who needs to develop the brain (neural network) as much as possible while the brain is still developing, and not deal with this garbage.

H.A

Quote from: NikoB on October 21, 2023, 21:23:00
Quote from: Stubbieoz on October 21, 2023, 13:07:05Noisy gaming laptops are not a problem when you use headphones btw.
Does your wife also sit with you wearing headphones so as not to listen to the hellish howl of your laptop's turbines while playing games? =)

A desktop computer assembled wisely is 100% silent at 100% processor load and quiet enough in games for not to annoy family members, like those nasty "gaming" laptops, which can be heard in other rooms even at 40-44 dBA.

Finally grow up. Games are evil and a waste of time for an adult, as well as for a child who needs to develop the brain (neural network) as much as possible while the brain is still developing, and not deal with this garbage.
Nobody wants to hear your annoying drivel

NikoB

Another stupid bot who hides under the nickname "A", etc. trying to assure everyone that no one reads me, so why are you writing? After all, you idiot read me?

If no one reads me, why are you all so angry? Am I ruining cheap, neat marketing for suckers? So that's my goal.

A

Quote from: NikoB on November 26, 2023, 14:09:22Another stupid bot who hides under the nickname "A"
Nah that's not me, kiddo. I'm always using the same nickname lol. You should get used to everyone laughing at you by now, idk.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview