News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Intel N100 performance debut: Beelink Mini S12 Pro mini PC review

Started by Redaktion, October 18, 2023, 10:45:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The N100 is a decent upgrade over an old Celeron or Atom while keeping costs under US$200, but it's barely any better than the N95 if you're looking for even more affordable alternatives.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-N100-performance-debut-Beelink-Mini-S12-Pro-mini-PC-review.758950.0.html

Robbie

I've had one since June and this thing is incredibly good / powerful as a media server. Between low power draw, the 2x2.5G, upgradable SSD and many USBs, attaching a couple external drives to it beats any NAS on the market by an obscene margin.
It cannot be stressed enough how much Intel did a good job with the latest QuickSync ASICs.

Conversely, this is even more useless than it looks as an actual computer. No DP pass-through means no useful docks. Random latency hangups because of single channel RAM and the 1x PCIe lane to SSD makes even starting firefox surprisingly slow.

Parallax

I don't know why the dual NICs are not mentioned in the article at all, anywhere, but the WiFi is. This is a bizarre omission and I should not have to come to the comments to find out what network connectivity it has.

reima

This article claims to review the Beelink Mini S12 Pro, but is actually testing the Beelink EQ12. Even though the article uses the names interchangeably, these are not the same product:

• RAM: EQ12 has DDR5-4800, Mini S12 Pro has DDR4-3200
  • USB: EQ12 has one USB-C port, Mini S12 Pro has no USB-C port
  • LAN: EQ12 has two 2.5G LAN ports, Mini S12 Pro has a single 1G LAN port

So be aware if you order a Mini S12 Pro based on this article, it might not have the features you were led to believe it has.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview