News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Aorus X5 v6 Notebook Review

Started by Redaktion, October 10, 2016, 06:29:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

No performance compromises. The unique Aorus X5 is back with Pascal, individually lit RGB keys, and 120 Hz/5 ms FHD display options all in a chassis just under 23 mm thick. Owners will get the same gaming performance as a desktop with GTX 1070 graphics, albeit in a much louder package.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Aorus-X5-v6-Notebook-Review.179321.0.html

Banshee

Hey ! Nice review, I'm strongly hesitating with Asus GL502VS, but I think I'll go for the Aorus... I hope I will not get the backlight bleeding...
Would it be possible to have the FPS test on Witcher 3 with max settings ?
Cheers !

AJ

I think you should take a look at the Clevo/Sager P650RS-G. Slightly cheaper than the Aorus, but better thermals and performance overall.

Banshee

Clevo's are way to fat and heavy...
The heat and noise aren't an issue for me, but sounds like the overall quality build of the Aorus isn't as premium as it's price (Backlight bleeding, lightning keyboard, no thunderbolt 3...)

Denied

the noise might not be a problem, but heat is an issue for everyone, even if they don't take it to consideration / they don't know it..

Banshee

What would be the problem with heat ? The laptop is guaranteed 2 years so it shouldn't damage the internal parts, and obviously after 1 or 2 years you just have to change thermal paste. 

VetteV12

Can you please do a complete review on the Aorus X7 v6 with the 3k g-sync display? I've been looking every where for days but cant find anything on it except a youtube video. Unfortunately, the youtube video doesn't speak of thermals, which is the biggest decision factor for me to step down to a 1070 thinner notebook vs a classic thicker notebook sporting a 1080.

Quote from: Redaktion on October 10, 2016, 06:29:02
No performance compromises. The unique Aorus X5 is back with Pascal, individually lit RGB keys, and 120 Hz/5 ms FHD display options all in a chassis just under 23 mm thick. Owners will get the same gaming performance as a desktop with GTX 1070 graphics, albeit in a much louder package.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Aorus-X5-v6-Notebook-Review.179321.0.html

edit1754

Also know that this "3K" 2880x1620 is, for all practical purposes, actually better than a lot of the "4K" displays going around, because a lot of displays calling themselves 4K 3840x2160 are actually RG/BW Pentile, meaning they have their pixels divided in two. It produces a smoother picture than a false-4K display, without even requiring your computer to work as hard.

MSI Ghost Pro 4K, Dell Inspiron 4K, Sager/Clevo w/ 15.6" G-Sync / Samsung 4K, ASUS U/Q Series, HP Omen 15.6" Series are all using false-4K displays, which this one is an improvement over.

(Real 4K displays can be found in: Dell XPS 4K, Sager/Clevo 15.6" Sharp 4K,  Lenovo Y700 Touch, Gigabyte P35Xv6, and all 17.3" laptops claiming 4K")

dthrp

Only 83% for what is probably the best 15" gaming laptop available? And same low ratings on the X3 and X7 DT v6. What exactly does notebookcheck have against Gigabyte?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview