News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Acer Predator 17 X (7820HK, FHD, GTX 1080) Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, March 17, 2017, 23:46:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

It's getting hot! The Acer Predator X is the extremely powerful "luxury edition" of the regular Predator 17. Are the components well-balanced and is the performance sufficient for a spot in our Top 10 ranking?

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Acer-Predator-17-X-7820HK-FHD-GTX-1080-Laptop-Review.207172.0.html

75Hz 1080p screen?!

Don't get why they offer the 75Hz 1080p screen with slow response times with this laptop when it has a really powerful GTX 1080 in there.  This laptop is crying out for a low response time good TN Panel 120Hz or 144Hz 1080p screen - for two reasons: 1) This is a gaming laptop right!?  2) GTX 1080 is overpowered & wasted on a 1080p screen unless it's a 120Hz or 144Hz model.

zelldine

but in some country its actually cheaper consider you can get the gtx 1080 with 300$ cheaper than most gtx 1080 laptop so if you buy this laptop maybe the extra you can get the external screen. in microcenter US its only cost 2000$ last time i saw it

Lars

But what's the advantage of buying this over something lighter and less bulky, say, like the Aorus X7 DT v6 or the Razer Blade Pro?

JAGS

Sorry, but in my opinion this was a waste of time reviewed this model.
It had been better if you had reviewed the model with the UHD screen.
I really hope you guys planning to do that ;)

henkhilti

Why set a 4.3GHz overclock when the system cannot cool it under load.
So yes you have an overclock in idle at 4.3GHz but it throttles when you want to use it.

It's a but too much marketing.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview