News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell XPS 13 9300 Core i7 Laptop Review: New Chassis Design is More Exciting than the New CPU

Started by Redaktion, March 25, 2020, 19:38:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Apple has been championing the 16:10 display for years across its MacBook family. It's about time for a Windows maker to offer the same larger aspect ratio that both home and office users can appreciate.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-XPS-13-9300-Core-i7-Laptop-Review-New-Chassis-Design-is-More-Exciting-than-the-New-CPU.458692.0.html

william blake

40db/40w still a golden standard for the garbage category. its literally very hard to make these numbers.

I want 32GB RAM

A

Hmm... those thermals are okayish... for a Dell. Maybe dell has some hope after all? But then again it's integrated graphics so its only a slight improvement.

I really do wish that dell fixes their thermal problems across their lineups, while I wouldn't buy an XPS due to those crappy trackpads, I might consider their other lines.

anon

Wish this had a type-A port so I could use a good mouse with it with a tiny receiver (I'm talking G305).
Also wish the display wouldn't ghost. Either be 120+Hz or OLED.
If it had both of those I'd forgive the soldered RAM, soldered wifi card, and smaller battery and would get one and would appreciate the 16:10 display and type-C ports on both sides.

Jason Brown

I have the i5 version. There a couple real world considerations that have to be mentioned that most receivers have left out.

1. CPU is more then adequate.
2. Killer will be more then useful for things like GeForce Now.
3. The drawbacks of the i7 screen including the effect it has on battery life makes the i5 the better option.

Why are 99% of the reviews of the i7?

This was a great review except for the killer comment. We are about to enter a world of cloud gaming and the ethernet port might end being the most important component in the future.

Giulio

Does i5 and i7 share the same screen ? I see in dell configurator that one is matte non-touch , the other is a touchscreen

Tito

Would i be bale To play not demanding games like Age of Empires or Company of Heroes forma time To time?

Josh

Considering the touchscreen options show slightly less response time (around 50s VS 60s), is this noticable during daily use? Should the touchscreens be given greater consideration if one wants to avoid ghosting as much as possible?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview