News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell XPS 13 9360 4K i5-7200U Notebook Review

Started by Redaktion, September 29, 2016, 19:07:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Small update, no effect?! Dell secretly updated its top seller: The XPS 13 is one of the first models that gets the latest Kaby Lake processors from Intel. The chassis does not appear to be changed, and the display is similar as well. We once again do a live review and will update the article continuously.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-XPS-13-9360-4K-i5-7200U-Notebook-Review.178844.0.html

Cooly568

So, has anything changed in regards to CABC or do you have to get it under a Colorometer to find out?

Danrdz77

I am sorry to be picky but this is not a 4k display, at best 3k. kindly fix headline, people can get  confused.

Jamie Dalgetty

The new one whines too? I have the 9350 and can't believe dell or any manufacturer would release a computer that makes that noise. Coming from a macbook air I was really surprised to hear the constant buzzing when scrolling and moving windows around the screen. Is the coil whine a common PC thing or is it limited to dell machines?

Klaus Hinum

Sorry, my bad QHD+, not 4K, should be fixed. The coil whining is definately in our bought sample (no press sample). Sometimes it sounds like an HDD noise, in Crystaldiskmark it also was more whining, but then the fan kicked in and overruled the noise. The coil noise is in my opinion just the noise that you hear when someone saved some Dollars on the machine :). Something Apple usually is not doing. But there are new iPhone 7 that got coil noise, so ... :)

Regarding CABC, did not see any traces up to now. Contrast was the same when measured in a window or fullscreen (altough the windows bar was still there). Have to look more into it. Stay tuned ...
Wurde Dir von einem in unserem Forum oder durch Notebookcheck geholfen? Dann verfass doch einen User Testbericht über dein Notebook und gib damit etwas an die Community zurück!

Cooly568

One more quick question, will we be seeing a FHD Kaby Lake XPS 13 review from NoteBookCheck?

Francesco Sturlese

i've partially fixed the coil whine on my 9350 by installing the latest realtek hd audio drivers

Klaus Hinum

FHD review is definately planned (in fact this unit was ordered as a FHD but arrived with the 3K panel).
Wurde Dir von einem in unserem Forum oder durch Notebookcheck geholfen? Dann verfass doch einen User Testbericht über dein Notebook und gib damit etwas an die Community zurück!

Cooly568

Woah, not turning the fan on until 90 Celsius? That's, weird. What is it with Dell and wonky fan profiles?

josue

Sometimes whining is not direct from the component but amplificated somehoe from the mic, did you try disabling the mic input or directly turning off the sound during the test?.

ReneSo

I had a crackling sound in my speakers in the 9350 (not sure if this is the coil whining you mention but it seems to be what some commentors talk about).
After updating the audio driver it only appeared anymore when there was some audio output expected like having a YouTube video open but without actually needing to play the video (talk about a cheap fix...).
Now, the really, really interesting part is that this crackling sound only appeared after I restarted the system in Windows. If I did a shutdown and then used the power button to start it up again voila no annoying sound.
I know it sounds silly but I did multiple tests and it always worked out like this for me.
It would be awesome if someone who has the same problem could confirm this as well :)

Anonymous

Hi, you listed DDR4 under specs, but Dell is listing this models as having DDR3. Could you please confirm yours indeed has DDR4?

Magnus Branzén

Speed of DDR3 depends on your configuration. Only those with 16 GB use LPDDR3 2133MHz, 8 GB get LPDDR3 1866MHz.

I think DDR4 is only for the 15 inch model.

Klaus Hinum

my bad, added DDR4 before getting the unit and did not think on looking it up. You are right, its DDR3 with slightly higher read speeds in AIDA than DDR3-1600 in a i7-5775C, so it should be lPDDR3-1866.

Klaus Hinum

Regarding the HDD like sounds, deactivating sound output and mic has no effect on it, but its very silent. I only hear it (in a very quiet surrounding) under a meeter away and really when I get near the device. Should not be distracting when working (at least for me).

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview