News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Face Off: Apple MacBook 12 Core m3, Core m5, and Core m7

Started by Redaktion, August 23, 2016, 11:29:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Core m3, m5 or the m7? Apple's MacBook 12 is available with different processors. Many users therefore want to know which chip they should get. Is the inexpensive Core m3 sufficient, or should you get the faster Core m7? And what are the implications on the heat development as well as the battery runtimes? We will answer all these questions in the following article.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Face-Off-Apple-MacBook-12-Core-m3-Core-m5-and-Core-m7.172046.0.html

Malmal

Well, I guess you can say that this is... an Apples to Apples comparison

been waiting for that for a long time

Aaron

Great job on the review! Finally found a review that covers pretty much everything about these rMBs 12 2016! Keep it up! :]

Acceptable name

This is a terrific and thorough review. I really appreciate the effort your site puts into these analyses.

Greenhill

Wavshrdr

Great article and thank for doing this analysis! The m5 really seems to be the sweet spot. It helped me make the right decision and went with the m5 version. Saved me some money as well.

Michael A

Good job!
For me, performance is important, but also weight and portability.
As I suspected, the M3 is a little weak for my use (video/photo).
So, choosing between a Macbook Air 11" with an i7/2,2MHz and a Macbook with an M5 or M7 processor, MacBook Air would be the choice. (Retina screen is no prioroty for me.)
Too bad Apple abandoned the 11" model.

Umesh (Ohm)

Great content mate...

"Clear, concise, accurate yet an unbiased review on the 12 inchers"

I'm glad I stumbled upon your review on these machines as I'm a newbie and soon considering a much needed upgrade to mac cuz I simply cannot take the lags on windows any more.. I'm using a very much loved and 17 year old Sony Vaio currently that does all my downloads, music, movies etc.. but I intend to do a lot of blogging, documentation, some music production (hopefully), picture & video editing hence the need to upgrade is critical at the moment.

Based on your review, I was keen to know that for my above future requirements, I prefer the M5 however the base model m3 with an external storage hard drive of 2TB which I already have should suffice right? That way I can save a few bucks.

Your opinion matters... so please do revert.

Ohm
[email protected] 8)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview