News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Schenker XMG P507 (Clevo P651HS-G) Notebook Review

Started by Redaktion, January 25, 2017, 04:23:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Kaby Lake meets Pascal. Similar to all the other manufacturers of gaming notebooks, Schenker Technologies also updates its products with Intel's latest CPU architecture. The 15-inch XMG P507 is the first model we review, and it features a 120 Hz panel as well as Nvidia's G-Sync technology for a better picture.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Schenker-XMG-P507-Clevo-P651HS-G-Notebook-Review.193074.0.html

pogi

wow 100 °C please let it be a bad paste job otherwise this laptop will die early

quantumslip

does this have the ic diamond paste or regular paste?

also when in desktop scenarios (non-gaming) are we running at 60hz or 120hz? i wonder if that has an impact on battery life; it feels weird that the idle power usage is higher than expected since optimus is active here

LL

Thanks for review. It seems a not very polished laptop, 2 of my "historical" Clevos  started to get problems first with keyboard.

Also i have to make a general criticism that manufacturers crave the gaming crowd but not people that need this kind of graphic and cpu power but not want the gaming stuff like 120hz panels. Also once again the criticism about too heat build up.

PS: missing the Cinebench OpenGL.

dang

Th for the review.
I have the i76700hq version (clevo p650rs-g, not with xmg logo) with RGB KEY and I was waiting to have a full review from you (You've made for 1060 version only). And now this kaby lake  :).
Some obs.:
-  I see that the heat test in gaming are not acc. to the clevo recomandation "to use fan on max for gaming session". The heat pb. is because of the  auto fan "preset". With fan on max the temp on tomb rider, for example, is about 62-65 max on GPU , (all set in max and ultra, dx12 and gsync on). This is one of the most demanding game right now. CPU will be under 80 on any app or game (at least in my case).
-  I confirm that screen backlight bleeding (on an IPS full hd 60Hz panel).
- nvidia doesn't suport hybrid GPU (so you must manually install the new drivers).
I think that one of the most accurate description (review) of this notebook was made by a reddit user last year.
I think this laptop is on the same level with ASUS Strix GL502VS with some cons and pros (depending on tastes)

tachwed

I'm just wondering - how is it possible to have backlight bleeding on TN panel? :)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview