News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Apple iPhone 7 Smartphone Live Review

Started by Redaktion, September 11, 2016, 01:28:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Now, it is also waterproof. Apple has introduced the latest generation of its smartphones just recently, but the run on the new smartphones has already begun. We use this opportunity for the very first live review in the history of Notebookcheck.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Apple-iPhone-7-Smartphone-Live-Review.173851.0.html

A Fan From China

Hi,NotebookCheck!I'm a BIG fan of yours!I love reading your article,and I wanna ask you guys a very important question:Did you guys install MobileForge(v1.0.1) on the iPhone 7 to test the display spec?because we installed that app in order to test the display but it just crash all the time,can you tell me which app you use to test the display?I'll be very appreciate.

Maju

Hello,
Are you able to rerun battery life tests on iPhone 6S but on ios10? On my SE with "10" battery last longer than on ios9, not so much but I'm wonder if this 5% between 6S and 7 in wifi test is not related to the newer system.

Olderkeshavarz

Hello
Are you stopped? Why dont you continue with your review?

Rdack

If you started, finish your article! Especially the camera and the battery tests would be important

Jack

I don't quite understand how this received such a high rating when you take into consideration the price of the phone and your review.

Basically it's "above average" in *some* categories. But it's the newest flagship that's hit market so of course it's going to be. Lets look at an overview here with quotes directly from the review:

Case: Same / new colors, wow
Sensors: Standard on > $300 devices. No heart rate. Crippled NFC. Apple only iBeacon
Software: Updates to software, probably most substantial is Messages app. "idling smartphone loses about 40 % of the battery charge over night" - sounds not so good.
Communication: Looks quite good! Well...
GPS: "A closer look at the recorded track, however, reveals some passages we did not actually ride on"
Voice: "voice quality cannot really convince when we consider Apple's premium claim. There is a constant quiet murmer and the sound was a bit tinny"
Camera: Great here!... though samsung is better in some ways. Except colors are off - " Colors high a high percentage of yellow are a bit too pale, earthy tones on the other hand very rich. Green is a bit pale as well, which can be a result of the camera's P3 color space, which has a smaller green spectrum compared to AdobeRGB, but more shades of red in return. Blue colors are very saturated. "
Accessories: Many!
Display: Pretty good!
Display response: "response time is worse than the average of all tested devices"
Performance: Good!

I can see these reflected a bit in your overview, and it's weighted... but For 1000 USD, this is really a lackluster phone. It barely competes with other premium phones on the market, though has an edge in performance - which will likely cease to be in 6 months time. I guess I agree with a number between your average and weighted average, and I'm not sure things are weighted quite right.

Tyrone Slothrop

I agree with you. Such a high price for smart?phone with a 1334x750 resolution?

oo

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview