News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad T460s (Core i7, WQHD) Ultrabook Review

Started by Redaktion, March 14, 2016, 06:31:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

On the way to perfection? Lenovo's T460s is proof that even an excellent notebook like the T450s can be improved. No device from the T4x0s series was every so light and at the same time so powerful – but users will have to waive expandability and maintainability in return.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-T460s-Core-i7-WQHD-Ultrabook-Review.161028.0.html

xoi100dong

I don't think nearly 6 hours with Wi-Fi surfing can be called long battery run times. Better than the old model, but not as good as Acer or Dell. Still I miss the hot swap with 72Wh battery give you 2 days of work. That upgrade though increase weight, but still bring much more advantage

AWDRobert

Hello,
I am looking to buy a laptop. I am evaluating X1 Carbon 2016 and 460s. What advantages does 460s has over the X1 C other than:
- key travel?
- RJ connector
- smartcard reader
What else do I miss if I go for the X1 Carbon 2016?

thx

AWDRobert

GAYMER

wow.... This is the first review, at least for me, that got above 90%. This is very impressive for Lenovo.

Adrian

I can't see how you did not put the low PWM frequency as a huge CON.
Not only the frequency is quite low (could be worse), but it is active since 90% brightness, which is to say always. Other devices (e.g. XPS15 FHD) also have PWM but only on the very low brightness settings.

Xanxi

I have started to read this review, but i have stopped after reading about the soldered RAM with only one slot available and the 2 intergrated batteries.
That's not what i want in a laptop of that price.
How can it achieve such a rating from the reviewer?

Adrian

By the way, huge KUDOS for wanting to tst Linux compatibility. As usual with thinkpads, this should not be a problem.

Yuri Petrov

Hi,

Are you going to review T460s with FHD IPS panel?
Maybe it does not use PWM.

And yes, imho for this one the rating is too high because of the display.

WBR,
YP

Mark Tandrup

Thank you for a great review. I can confirm that the 20F9003Sxx SKU does support NVMe - just bought a Samsung 950 Pro 512 GB - works like a charm. So there is a chance that all T460s are capable of NVMe :)

Francisco Zapata

The review is almost perfect, a few points that would be interesting to also find in it would be the following:

1.-QHD vs FHD display is it really worth it? How much better is QHD and how does it impact on battery life and performance? Based on the pros and cons which screen do you recommend the most?

2.-SSD expandability, NMVEs work but how about sata and msatas drives. What is the real life performance of all the three choices and which would be a much better choice given power consumption and increased performance.

This are the two questions that are hunting me right now, once I know I will be able to better choose the right T460s configuration for me.

eng3

Will you be reviewing the X1 Carbon Gen 4?  It is very similar to the T460s so it would be very interesting to see how it compares.

mengsz

Hi,

Thanks for the great review!

Will you also review other models of T460s? Specifically, 20F90042GE?

It would be good to compare the i5 and FHD version with this to see how the single heat pipe works and how is the quality and battery effect of the FHD display.

bgx

Thanks for the nice review.

You seems to say the keyboard is still very good. On many other reviews (US based) they complain about the keyboard a lot, saying that it is not as firm as it used to be.

I could understand if you have different keyboard (US ones vs  european ones, not made by the same company). Care to confirm that for you, the keyboard is very good?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview