News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Ryzen 5 6600H performance debut: Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15ARH7 Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, September 09, 2022, 19:58:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Lenovo gaming laptop costs only $800 USD and it comes with AMD's latest generation Zen3+ H-series processor. Based on what we've seen so far, however, you may be better off finding a laptop with the older Ryzen 7 5800H instead if CPU performance is priority.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Ryzen-5-6600H-performance-debut-Lenovo-IdeaPad-Gaming-3-15ARH7-Laptop-Review.647422.0.html

Ssgsdhgzzfhczxvvvc

unfortunately ryzen 6000 on mobile is just a stopgap.
ryzen 7000 will hopefully be the real deal and a reason to upgrade from the absolutely spectacular 4800H.

NikoB

Quote from: Ssgsdhgzzfhczxvvvc on September 09, 2022, 20:23:16unfortunately ryzen 6000 on mobile is just a stopgap.
ryzen 7000 will hopefully be the real deal and a reason to upgrade from the absolutely spectacular 4800H.
Especially considering that, as the review on this site states, the 6600H(Zen3+) has DisplayPort 2.0 (which is not true), it has HDMI 2.1 (which AMD claims), it has USB40 (this is already 100% proven).

What do we see in practice? Obsolete morally antique HDMI 2.0b does not allow you to connect a 4k@120Hz HDR monitors. And absolutely shameful Display Port 1.2 (this standart from 2009 year!!!) instead of at least already obsolete 1.4b...

And of course the lack of a USB40 port with an eGPU.

All together with the shameful color space of the slow response screen (it not real 120Hz!) - a verdict...

And at the same time, one 8GB ram is included, instead of one for 16GB, in order to immediately buy a second 16Gb and solve the ram problems for 3 years in advance.

Especially if the noise in an office load or with an average core load of up to 30-35% is well audible and annoying in a quiet room or a fairly quiet office. As written in the review, the noise is up to 31dB (A?) in office load. It's a LOT and it's starting to get really annoying, especially at home in silence. But here it is also important if the HF components in the work of coolers.

In general, if it weren't for the noise, at least a keyboard with a numpad and a good arrangement of ports to back as L5(Pro) series favorably attribute this series to workhorses in offices and in home. But the noise can put an end to such bulk purchases in firms.

But to take it home as a universal work aptop - without a high-quality by color space and fast screen (144-165Hz with response B2W/G2G less 10ms), without an eGPU (this significant to gamers for upgrade gpu), without normal modern ports (HDMI/DP/usb40) and with such noise level - why this need for buy? Well...only sell it VERY CHEAP.

bobuck

I bought and then returned the micro center version of this with 6800H. the only redeeming part was the 6800H and the impressive 680M for an igpu. otherwise, the screen was the worst i've seen in a budget laptop. I've tested Nitros/Victus etc with better screens even though all of them were bad in terms of color space, this one was very dim. I could use it any further due to the screen.

It was indeed very hard to take apart. I think Jarrod actually broke his.
hig

Dorby

Base price isn't $800, it is $1100 which includes their mid-tier sRGB display option and has RTX 3050Ti. 39% P3 display doesn't "count" as a viable option.

Which is a horrible deal as last year's RTX 3060 & RX 6600M laptops are currently going for $1000.

NikoB

All such garbage produced by Lenovo is at best (at a stretch) suitable for wholesale by firms as work laptops. At home, such garbage is not needed for free. I don't understand who buys this thing with a sucky screen - crowds of color blind people? Normal people just looking at the screen of even the cheapest $80 smartphone will find that the color reproduction of the smartphone screen is head and shoulders above this garbage from Lenovo.

Today, any laptop, except for specific purposes - only work in an office like Excel and Word, simply cannot have a screen worse than 72% + NTSC. Everything else must be immediately sent from the assembly line under the bulldozer, like technological waste. Or immediately take into account the cost of replacing the screen (where possible) with a 144-165Hz 72%+ NTSC panel that is suitable in size and supported by bios (which is the main problem).

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview