News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Apple MacBook Pro 15 2018 (2.6 GHz, 560X) Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, July 20, 2018, 11:40:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex Bergdoff

Yeah, Will you be guys finishing this review and posting an update? This review is in complete.

M2018

Browny

Blade 15, GS65 - equally sized screen and battery, lower clocked CPU, lower resolution screen - battery life 6h
MacBook Pro 15 - doubles at 11.5h

S.O.R.C.E.R.Y

Hio

Cool laptop, but GPU performance should be in the cons. For 3300e, getting the same GPU performance as the entry-level of the dell xps 15 can be a big deal breaker for all professionnals like videomakers, graphic designers, 3d conceptors...

arthur wellsley

Macrumors says
"Tucked away in a press release, Apple revealed it is bringing AMD Radeon Pro Vega graphics to MacBook Pro for the first time. The company says these new graphic options deliver up to 60 percent faster graphics performance for the most demanding video editing, 3D design and rendering workloads.

The new configurations are set to be custom-order only from Apple's online and retail stores, with availability at Apple Authorized Resellers also expected, from Wednesday, November 14. Apple has yet to release pricing details."

So a high end Vega chip in a Macbook pro might help it to game?

Jesse

If Acer (!) can build a 1.0 kg 15" Swift 5, why does this thing have to weigh 1.8 kg?

Yeah, yeah, it has a videocard.  I know.  But shouldn't 1.4 kg be attainable by Apple by now?

Up your game Apple.  Focus on what matters more than thinner bezels.  Weight, Noise, Price.

Archuk

Dude, did you experience any BridgeOS errors during the test?
Mind commenting on that a bit?
Many potential buyers would like to know whether the issue is that sever.

Klaus Hinum

Wurde Dir von einem in unserem Forum oder durch Notebookcheck geholfen? Dann verfass doch einen User Testbericht über dein Notebook und gib damit etwas an die Community zurück!

KIM ANN

You mention it is not good enough for professional user, but as far as i know most professional user using Macbook pro.
By the way this thing is very expensive, for that price i could get two of MSI laptop PS63 (ram:16GB, 512GB nvme and better GPU: gtx 1650).

systemBuilder

(-) Touchbar

I use this exact model at work.  My company has > 1000 of this model as its standard issue for engineering.  EVERYBODY I talk to HATES the touchbar, beware!  Everyone!  We carry this laptop around and struggle to type in meetings because any tiny brush of the touchbar will get picked up and produce some strange characters.  I turned off all special touchbar features because i kept hitting mute or screen brightness - now i just get rotten control characters half the time I am typing (I type 120wpm+) on my MacBook!  (I type < 60 wpm on a touchbar keyboard)

Apple is SO LUCKY that most people use this device as a desktop, NOT as a laptop.  The keyboard is so horrible and the touchbar is EVEN MORE HORRIBLE!  The only reason apple sells even 1 laptop is most people are typing on an external keyboard and mouse (NOT a magic mouse - I threw mine away as you cannot turn off sideways scroll in Chrome) at work!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview