News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Aorus 15 XE5 review: Compact QHD gaming laptop with Thunderbolt 4

Started by Redaktion, December 09, 2022, 13:48:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

With the Aorus 15 XE5, Gigabyte is bringing another 15.6-inch compact gaming notebook to the market. Amongst other things, the laptop shines with its impressive performance (in both gaming and non-gaming applications) and its ability to accommodate two PCIe 4.0 SSDs.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Aorus-15-XE5-review-Compact-QHD-gaming-laptop-with-Thunderbolt-4.673140.0.html

NikoB

The review immediately shows all the flaws of this unsuccessful model in literally everything:

1. Wild noise even at rest, because the consumption is abnormal.

2. Slow-response screen (in fact, it get at only real 83-90Hz by slow response time G2G/B2W, but not at 165Hz) with mediocre contrast, although with good color reproduction, but I would like 16:10 as more universal (although in this case a full-width keyboard with the numpad will definitely not fit, so let's consider this as the correct forced measure of the designers).

3. There are very few ports and they are extremely poorly located, especially the power plug on the right, which stupidly blocks the exhaust when the power cord goes past it back. Why is the power not in the back and part of the ports, Gigabyte?

4. Weak processor performance in PL1 mode. It can only be recognized as a sane impulse, thanks to PL2 at 115W, as required by Intel in the datasheet for Turbo mode.

5. It seems to be a compact case with a keyboard to the brim with full-width numpad buttons, but the numpad itself is hopelessly damaged by the right arrow in place of the normal Insert button. Gigabyte - look at how it's done in Legion (the arrows are shifted down) and stop, like Acer/MSI/Asus (in a number of models) doing garbage from year to year. You're wasting away on a bad keyboard a lot of buyers looking for a versatile laptop for work and play at home (and even in the office). You are spoiling people's fast blind typing with 2-hand navigation with such a corrupted numpad.

Why there are few ports is clear from the fact that Gigabyte has an older model, where there are already much more ports. A purely marketing stupid limitation, like many other manufacturers, although this is all worth a penny in general against the backdrop of such a price.

Let me remind you that quite recently it was sold as a much cooler Legion 5 Pro with 3070Ti for $1100, and now they are selling for the same amount with 3060.

Well, for $1700 I will definitely choose Legion 7 c 6800+6700. There is nothing to think about. Just earth and sky...

versatilelol

Quote5. It seems to be a compact case with a keyboard to the brim with full-width numpad buttons, but the numpad itself is hopelessly damaged by the right arrow in place of the normal Insert button. Gigabyte - look at how it's done in Legion (the arrows are shifted down) and stop, like Acer/MSI/Asus (in a number of models) doing garbage from year to year. You're wasting away on a bad keyboard a lot of buyers looking for a versatile laptop for work and play at home (and even in the office).
I assure you it will make the laptop unusable for any work that requires Alt/Shift/Ctrl + arrow, e.g. software development.

NikoB

Quote from: versatilelol on December 11, 2022, 18:29:57I assure you it will make the laptop unusable for any work that requires Alt/Shift/Ctrl + arrow, e.g. software development.
Complete nonsense, because. I am a professional software developer and have written many hundreds of thousands of lines of code on dozens of heavy projects. I have never used such combinations. But I always use Copy/Paste (Сtrl+Ins/Shift+Ins) in two hands with simultaneous navigation through the text through the numpad buttons (numlock is always disabled for me, except for rare block operations for entering numbers). Also, all fast file operations, including selection and groups, are only possible with a full-fledged Insert.

Such keyboards are FOOL from the Chinese. Made up by some idiot.

All laptop keyboards should be exactly the same as desktop keyboards, because fast blind typing requires a matching clear matrix in the head.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview