News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus GX700 Notebook Review

Started by Redaktion, December 30, 2015, 05:25:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Bring in the water! While water-cooled desktop systems are not uncommon, most notebook models are exclusively cooled by air. Asus still takes this step and presents the GX700, a combination of high-end laptop and external water-cooling. As one of the first editorial offices, we had the chance to take a closer look at the overall package.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-GX700-Notebook-Review.156842.0.html

vincentxp

waste money . if with water cooling , the palm rest still 40c , its really no meaning . Failed product design.

Cutton

Hello, I am one of the owner of NotebookProTech, a new established self-media of notebook review of China mainland.
We have also got the GX700 Notebook from Asus China, including the 180-watt adapter for using the notebook itself without the dock, and have tested the graphic performance, gaming performance and stress test. The preliminary conclusion is that the gaming performance of GX700 without water-cooling system is similar to a GTX980M gaming laptop like Asus G752VY, Clevo P670RG and MSI GT72S 6QE, and the score of GTX980 in 3DMark11 benchmark (extreme mode) is about 4500 points.
How can I get further contact with your team? Wish to exchange some experience about notebook review.

John Donald

Sounds like one might as well trick out a cheaper gaming laptop achitecture, countering the thermal throttling issues with some sort of external jury rigged cooling system such as a window A/C unit, a Dyson bladeless fan, or three or four sets of freezer gel packs.   Such a jury rigged cooling system and cheaper gaming laptop could well be quieter, cheaper, and result in similar performance to that of the GX700.

Edgar Eliseo

Esta chido el diseño.
Pero el hardware se me hace un poco mal.

Los ejes de la pantalla están extremadamente grandes.
El gpu solo dará su max potencial al conectarla al enfriador. Y al final ya que este conectada ya no se le llamaría laptop.
Te soy sincero, no creo que se venda mucho esa laptop.

La Sager puede tener el mismo hardware y por tener 3 ventiladores es capaz de enfriar y overclockear la gpu sin necesidad de una máquina que la enfríe.

En este caso me pongo a pensar " en serio la tecnología está tan vieja que ahora necesitamos un mini refrigerador para enfriar una laptop? Todavía no podemos tener high-end hardware en un dispositivo móvil? Y que tal cuando entre HBM y la arquitectura de nvidia Pascal ?"

Nvidia Pascal tendrá el mismo rendimiento que una 980Ti y podrá ir dentro de una razer Blade 14.

Llego a una conclusión en la que la verdad no tiraría mi cartera en esa Asus. 😕 buscaría otras opciones que se llamen laptop con doble GTX 980m en la cual tendría mucho más rendimiento por mejor precio.

Henry Chaisritha

Disappointed water cooling it does great job with the gpu but it does nothing to the cpu temperature. And this laptop is selling here in Australia for $7999!!! I'd rather buy MSI gt72s dragon edition with the desktop GTX 980 for way less price and better cooling.

Asus done amazing job with the g752vy because of vapor cooling. They should of use it on the GX700!! Come on Asus it's very simple.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview