News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad T450s Ultrabook Review

Started by Redaktion, February 28, 2015, 07:51:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The return of the old master. What can be improved in an almost perfect notebook? Lenovo might have thought that it is better not to change too much and launched a only slightly revised edition of the T440s with the ThinkPad T450s. At least, the manufacturer (partly) answered the complaints about the predecessor's unusual five-button Clickpad.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-T450s-Ultrabook-Review.137248.0.html

systemBuilder

5 Hrs battery and a 12 GB RAM limit.  Both are unacceptable compromises.  My company has stopped sourcing T-series thinkpads.

lkojsdkl

The physical buttons on BOTTOM edge (on dell lAtitude) of touchpad are still missing.

powerslave12r

Quote from: lkojsdkl on March 01, 2015, 22:15:05
The physical buttons on BOTTOM edge (on dell lAtitude) of touchpad are still missing.

Thank god someone else thought the same thing. I thought I was the only one who cared about those. I can't imagine using a laptop without those bottom touchpad buttons.

Thank god Dell has left some options for us.

Basil

Great review; very thorough and balanced. The verdict really says it all. I hope Lenovo listens.

fb1996

warning78

I received the notebook a week ago and I noticed that there is no space between the keyboard and screen when closed, not even a millimeter. :o :o
Grease and dirt are transferred on the screen simply by closing the screen .
I asked lenovo and they told me that everything works as designed!!???!!!???!!! ??? ???
Italian keyboard.

boday

>However, you're better off connecting modern flat screens via Mini DisplayPort, which is capable of 60 MHz at 3840x2160 pixels.

Lol...It should be 60 Hz, not 60 MHz.

Till Schönborn

;D

That seems like a translation error, has been fixed now.

seth5744

Did anyone manage to get the dedicated trackpoint buttons working for ubuntu?

systemBuilder

It's astonishing that IBM/Lenovo has been making these laptops for 30 years and they still think the market will accept a device with 1:30 of battery lifetime.  I am suffering with a T430s.  Thin light, and not portable because I am always looking for a wall outlet.

systemBuilder

Quote from: fb1996 on March 08, 2015, 09:24:42
Quote from: systemBuilder on March 01, 2015, 04:28:26a 12 GB RAM limit
The T450s supports 20GB RAM when you use a 16GB DDR3L SODIMM module.

Which you can buy exactly where, precisely, and for how much?  I bet it can support 36 GB of RAM with a 32GB simm, and 68GB of RAM with a 64GB simm.  In your dreams!

fb1996

Quote from: systemBuilder on March 17, 2015, 10:36:43Which you can buy exactly where, precisely, and for how much?
Have a look at this article by Notebookcheck if you don't believe me:
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intelligent-Memory-16-GB-RAM-modules-for-Broadwell-notebooks.137492.0.html

Procyon

Quote from: systemBuilder on March 17, 2015, 10:36:43
Quote from: fb1996 on March 08, 2015, 09:24:42
Quote from: systemBuilder on March 01, 2015, 04:28:26a 12 GB RAM limit
The T450s supports 20GB RAM when you use a 16GB DDR3L SODIMM module.

Which you can buy exactly where, precisely, and for how much?

You can buy it exactly at http://www.ok2.de/16GB-SO-DIMM-Speichermodul--1027.html , precisely, for €345, accurately and specifically.

Thomas W. S.

To chime in on a few comments here the Thinkpad T450s repair manual says that it supports a maximum of 16GB RAM.

Now to my comment:

For anyone reading who is considering one of these but off-put by price I'd advise you to call Lenovo sales directly and ask for a deal/ coupon code. I did and got $275 off a T450s. Also, if you're somewhat handy you can easily order it with only the 4GB of onboard RAM and the 500GB HDD and then get an additional stick of 4GB soDIMM and a 256GB 42mm M.2 SSD for about $170 total and install them yourself, really easy job. By doing this myself I was able to get a Thinkpad 450s i5 5200u with 8GB RAM, 256GB SDD + 500GB HDD, 1080p IPS panel, and backlit keyboard for $943.07 which we can all agree is a freaking amazing deal.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview