News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus N751JK-T4144H Notebook Review

Started by Redaktion, February 06, 2015, 08:07:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Return of the Silver Surfer. External subwoofers and sophisticated cases are the trademarks of the Asus N-series. However, neither the concept nor the design of the notebooks really changed over the last couple of years – our review of the Asus N751JK-T4144H shows why there are even small regresses this time.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-N751JK-T4144H-Notebook-Review.135510.0.html

jarowit

According to Asus' page this model is available with three displays: 17.3" Auto HD+ EWV (1600 x 900)/Full HD (1920x1080)/IPS FHD (1920x1080. There's scarcity of 17-inch notebooks with IPS displays and a lot of people are awaiting this model with IPS screen, could you review it?

SH

Hello, guys. Thank you for the review. I was just wondering, assuming your review unit had an IPS display with superior colour and good viewing angles and did not have the performance issues you described, what score would you have given it? Also, you have reviewed both the 15-inch N551JK and the 17-inch N751JK - I was wondering if you're also planning to review the JM versions, which come equipped with the 860M instead of the 850M.

mikiyaokuno

The really disappointing thing is a numeric numpad on the right side. It moves the home position to left from very natural position and tortures my backbone badly.

Bob Catalin

Thank you for this useful and detailed review! On the "Temperatures" section is mentioned that the CPU quickly reached 80+ ° Celcius, but it's not mentioned what the normal working temperatures should be (between 40-50, or between 50-60..etc).
It would be great if someone could tell me what are the normal working temperatures for this model, or how their laptop is doing :) I have one for about 3years and just changed the thermal paste on the CPUs - I'm now monitoring the temperature with SpeedFan and all the time is above 50°, and as well, quickly reaching 80+° when the CPU is working over 40% ...around 20% is ~70°.
After reading this review, I'm really not sure if these are it's normal working CPU temperatures or I just did a bad job with the paste and it is overheating.

Thank you so much!

streamlined2

Quote from: Bob Catalin on January 21, 2019, 17:17:00
After reading this review, I'm really not sure if these are it's normal working CPU temperatures or I just did a bad job with the paste and it is overheating.
There is another review that says "The normal operating temperature seems to be around 44-47 degrees Celsius and reaching as much as 84-86 degrees which is far from the maximum operating temperatures listed by the manufacturer (100 degrees)".
I believe 45 is correct temperature estimate for idle CPU.
P.S. Sorry, I can't share link.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview