News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell Precision 5750 Workstation Review: The XPS 17 For Professionals

Started by Redaktion, September 08, 2020, 19:53:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Turning a high-performance Ultrabook into a workstation isn't new, but the Precision 5750 is one-of-a-kind for its 16:10 aspect ratio and thin design that other 17-inch workstations don't offer.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-Precision-5750-Workstation-Review-The-XPS-17-For-Professionals.491576.0.html

Guneet Singh Gulati

This laptop doesn't perform in battery mode, plus there is a major problem with the ports. If i connect it with External SSD like Samsung T5 the system doesn't detect. If i restart the system or i add another usb c device to the next port suddenly the SSD is detected. Not expected this from such a premium machine.

Sterlinger

MacBooks are known for good battery performance, I guess Windows is the problem? Or do you use the NVIDIA? Maybe it is powered down to save battery.

And it is not uncommon that external devices make problems, maybe new drivers can help?

Guneet Singh Gulati

It has NVIDIA RTX Quadro 3000 6GB and since i use Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects it uses a lot of CPU rather than GPU. It works very slow when it is not connected with charger. Plus what is the use of mobile workstation if you always need power for performance. Plus you can't use this laptop on bed since the air ventilation is at the bottom and it gets very hot when you put it on bed. The Macbooks doesn't have these problems too. I have contacted Dell several times but right now they too don't have the solution.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview