News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus EeeBook X205TA-FD005BS Netbook Review

Started by Redaktion, December 05, 2014, 15:54:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Netbook, redefined. Asus sells a handy subnotebook based on Windows 8.1 Bing for 219 Euros. Just how much netbook can customers expect for this low price? Asus speaks of elegance, premium-feel, performance, 12 hours of browsing, and vivid colors. A one-year license for Office 365 is also in the box.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-EeeBook-X205TA-FD005BS-Netbook-Review.131308.0.html

GekkePrutser

Are you sure the touchpad does not support two-finger scrolling? I've read in several other reviews that does support this and even some multitouch movements (pinch to zoom). Apparently you need the 'Asus Smart Gesture' software to configure this, not the mouse driver.

However experiences seem mixed, some users say it works great, others have problems with this software crashing. That's why I was hoping you had some opinions on this, as you tend to review much more thoroughly than other sites.

Quinn

I'm typing this from an x205T right now and it works pretty decently. Make sure you have ASUS Smart Gesture installed - it was broken out of the box for me.

Pooriya

Hello ,I need a this notebook for  excel,word, power point , see movie ( With micro SDXC memory card ), listen to music , record sound of music , go internet ,read book , check mail , and something like this and i need a lot of battry!!!!!!!!!   is this notebook good for this worikng  ????????????????????????  and working without of hanging  !!!!! ?????? excuse me for my writing , my English writing is terrible ... ;)

Gary

I've had this laptop since Black Friday and loving it. As long as you're not going to run any CPU intensive games this laptop will easily handle it. I run MSOffice, browse, email, run YouTube videos in HD, run some 1080p HD movies (need to download VLC), listen to music (the speakers are tiny so headphones will work better) with no issues. I've used it for 10 hours preparing a Powerpoint while listening to internet radio at the same time so the battery life is exceptional. It hardly warms up at all even when it is on for hours.

It does support 2 finger scrolling and gestures - need ASUS Smart Gesture configured. It works great -almost as good an experience as a touchscreen except with no touchscreen. SmartGesture does have an issue when the laptop comes out sleep mode as it won't reactivate. Simple fix when it happens is to go into Task Manager and End Process the ASUS smartgesture and it will work again. 

koex

Anyone playing Facebook flash games with this? What about performance and heat (flash games are pretty cpu intensive)?

Billy Chin

How about more games testing? I suppose there are Youtube video indicating playable 3D games such as MOBA titles and runs around 30FPS or more in between. Do tell me more about it.

fredphoesh

You said
"Unfortunately, the Asus touchpad does not support any multi-touch gestures"

That is rubbish! It DOES have multi-touch gestures.

Louis

i've been using this laptop scince i got it and it has been great but after about 3 months of using it it has gone slow, and even if i restart is will still be the same old lag. i've installed only a couple programs on it, and i has worked fine until now, as if it has just downgraded its own processor.

Vincent Berkouwer

Hi, i bought this netbook and it's great. It's easy to use and pretty fast.

I inserted a micro-sd and cant seem to get it out anymore, tried pressing hoping it would spring out. Can anyone tell me if it should be possibe to swap the sd-cards?

Vincent

joel

I use it since 3 months and have no complain.
The reasons :
- I defragment every week using Piriform "Defraggler" (free)
- I clean the junk every day with also Piriform "CCLEANER" (free)
- I have increased the paging file (C) to 3GB
- You may want to remove some of the useless "bloatware" if you want to save some place on "C"
- to clear (optimize) the memory I use RAMRush (free)
- I added a SDCARD of 32GB (class 10) to store all my files to free some place on the tiny 32 SSD. It really "flies" !!!
- I also installed "f.lux" (free) to remove the blueish color of the screen (you will be asked to set your location for more accurate settings) or you may use the (already installed) "Asus Splendid Technology" to adjust the color temperature of your screen
- to wach movies I use VLC player (free) to increase the initial volume by 200%
- One good advice : If it works fine DON'T UPGRADE THE BIOS !!!!!
With all these tricks my X205T works like a charm !!!! I LOVE IT !!!!!!

You can open the botton cover : remove all screws and use a plastic card (like credit card) to gently "unclick" the cover.
Only the battery can be removed (if needed), and nothing else !!
No possibility to upgrade the RAM or the SDD (soldered on the main board).
Hope this helps !!!!

catalin

Hello great review
I bought the x205ta last year with 64gb ssd, ordered a 32 but arrived with 64 lucky me :), upgraded to win 10 then reinstall win 10 clean from USB stick(only way to get win10 officially is to first update the machine to win10)
The netbook runs better than with win8 because i don't have all the asus bloatware, very pleased with it, battery life is huge, the 2 finger scroll works perfectly, web browsing could be faster.
Very good machine for the price, i paid 150EUR
If it had 4gb RAM it would have been perfect

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview