News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The Best Notebooks for Teenagers and University Students

Started by Redaktion, September 11, 2014, 08:28:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Back to school. Whether you are looking for a notebook that won't break the bank, a high-performance all-rounder, or a luxury laptop, here you will find fitting notebook recommendations from Notebookcheck for school-aged kids and university students.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/The-Best-Notebooks-for-Teenagers-and-University-Students.125653.0.html

YL Wong

I am surprised that Surface Pro 3 didn't come into the list at any price point. I thought that the portability of a SP3 + its battery life will guarantee it a spot on this list.

AkemiHomura

I'm a University Student..but have the MSI GE60 Apache as my main laptop used for work and gaming. Despite its relatively battery life, I'm lovin it!   :D

Gio

How about the thinkpad edge e145 (the whole line)
I have on an obsoletely love it. Great battery. Great portable size. Durable. Great keyboard. And pretty fast for all your daily tasks. (I have the i5 version.) It's cheap as well.
I really hate the 15' laptops. They're too big and heavy. Especially if you have to bring various heavy books with you as well.

J-Dawg

The picture you're showing in the Editor's Commentary for the Mac shows a picture of the regular "non"-Retina model.

Yatto

May I suggest you the Acer Aspire V3-371G with the Core i5-4210U ? For less than 500€ (in shops in France),  you get a 13'' matte display, a good CPU which adapts its fréquence to ensure better battery life, so very good battery life of 6 real hours of typing/surfing, and a weight of only 1.5kg. That's what I call ''perfect for students'', provided you don't need to do CAD (but maths softwares such as mathematica or MATLAB are just fine with the i5).

The difference between the i3 and i5 model are power and battery life, and this last point matters for students. Given the price, I'd rather go for the i5 model !

In France its reference is V3-371G-56y3 but it should be another one (since french version has AZERTY-layout keyboard).

Name

Something wrong with prices. Lenovo IdeaPad 510S-14ISK can't cost 300 euro. The link leads to another IdeaPad 100 model.

funny2017

"The Best Notebooks for Teenagers"?  :D

OK, continue withe NB for newborn and retired people   :D

Diogo Dimas

A Macbook is the best laptop for over 800, you might have to change this because most universites uses aplications that MacOS does not run. Enginering, eletrical and a few other. Unless all you´re doing is typing and making word documents, then get a windows laptop.

Logoffon

The list says "laptops between €500-€1,500 in price" but your €2,199/$1,799 MacBook Pro 13 i5-1038NG7 with 4 TB3 ports is on the top, with the entry under the table says "starting at $1,300". Are you sure you're not mixing the older and/or the 2 TB3 ports (which has 8th gen Core) with this one?

Logoffon

Another month came, and your MacBook Pro 13 is still on the top despite being €699 past the €1500 threshold.

Logoffon

Yet another month and that MacBook Pro is still on top. Were you actually got paid by Apple to put it on top regardless of its price? This is just so ridiculous that no one is bothered to correct this pricing mistake.

Logoffon

It's now the 4th month that the MacBook Pro still on the top despite being way over the stated price range. I guess nobody bothered to look at this while adding a new laptop.

NoteBookFan876

This whole post is confusing & it should be deleted

According to google - "The K-12 system stands for 'from kindergarten to 12th grade" so I don't see how one would recommend an M1 MBP,  a T14s or any of the others in this list. Not that they can't work but they are severely expensive for the intended use case. This whole article must be trolling it's readers lol. The post has comments from 6+ years ago hahahah says updated June 2021 when it should be updated every April ~ April 1st.

foo

Why is the 999$ 13.3-inch MacBook Air w/ M1 chip (256GB) not on the list?
If you don't need windows, which should be the case for kids, MacOS offers a more stable safer and walled environment (which is a plus for this use case)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview