News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus ZenBook 14 UX435EG Review: Compact, mobile multimedia allrounder with an unnecessary touchscreen

Started by Redaktion, January 09, 2021, 17:33:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

In the ZenBook 14, Asus uses the current top technology: a Tiger-Lake processor, GeForce MX450 graphics core, 16 GB of working memory (quad-channel mode), and Thunderbolt 4. A 63-Wh battery ensures a good battery life.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-ZenBook-14-UX435EG-Review-Compact-mobile-multimedia-allrounder-with-an-unnecessary-touchscreen.514058.0.html

docarter

This is exactly the keyboard I was looking for my greasy sausage fingers! Thank you, NBC! <3 #TrumpPromotesPeace

stfu

Quote from: docarter on January 09, 2021, 18:30:03
This is exactly the keyboard I was looking for my greasy sausage fingers! Thank you, NBC! <3 #TrumpPromotesPeace
Stfu, no politics here.

Truth

A touchscreen?  Seriously?  They do NOT belong on laptops, only 2 in 1s and tablets.   Come on Asus, this is not a checkbox item.  Put a better matte screen in it instead.

stfu

Great article, merci! A shame that Asus is still struggling to bring out anything similar to a ThinkPad in terms of quality and keyboards. #LoveTrump Maybe the Asus G14 will have a longer lasting keyboard as the 1st gen's paint chipped after  few months.

Dorby

Quote from: Truth on January 10, 2021, 04:16:13
A touchscreen?  Seriously?  They do NOT belong on laptops, only 2 in 1s and tablets.   Come on Asus, this is not a checkbox item.  Put a better matte screen in it instead.
Touchscreen is absolutely quintessential. At this point, I wouldn't even consider buying a laptop, or any mobile PC, that lacks a touchscreen option.
Thank god Asus has the sense to include one, as well as an HDMI port and PgUp, PgDn, Home, End buttons.

Froyo

I can't wait to have cervical disc disease from always bending my neck while sitting and looking down at my trackpad. Thanks ASUS! Your ergonomics team is spooktacular.

xpclient

Screenpad is the most useless gimmicky crap ever invented. Instead they should put physical touchpad buttons and a pointing stick there.

tree

why not using the same keyboard like ux425ea?
i love glossy screen, looks modern, but hope asus put better screen in this model

alexsimson

Quote from: tree on January 11, 2021, 06:27:31
why not using the same keyboard like ux425ea?
i love glossy screen, looks modern, but hope asus put better screen in this model

i also think so
https://fpspoint.com/

I Carumba

with an unnecessary touchscreen
with an unnecessary glossy screen
with an unnecessary GPU
with an unnecessary light up touchpad

and it is too small. 

Where is the 15" version with a nice 1980x1200 screen, no gpu, no glossy screen, no light up touchpad, and an $800 US price?

Dorby

Quote from: I Carumba on January 12, 2021, 00:11:50
with an unnecessary touchscreen
with an unnecessary glossy screen
with an unnecessary GPU
with an unnecessary light up touchpad

and it is too small. 

Where is the 15" version with a nice 1980x1200 screen, no gpu, no glossy screen, no light up touchpad, and an $800 US price?
Loved the touchscreen, functional and absolutely mandatory.
Loved the glossy screen, more vibrant colors without blurry pixels.
Loved the dGPU, Nvidia Cuda and various driver optimizations is very much relevant.
Loved the mini-screen touchpad, better than nothing and useful when you might need it in a pinch.

Oh, and definitely the right size for portability and reduced weight over a sea of heavy, underpowered 15" ultrabooks.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview