News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

MSI GS70-2PEi71611 Notebook Review

Started by Redaktion, June 30, 2014, 08:11:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Wickedly hot. Most gaming machines are fast, but also heavy and bulky. MSI thinks that unnecessary, and presents us the thinnest and lightest 17-inch laptop in the world, according to its advertisement. A quick look at the specs nurtures doubts: Has the manufacturer managed to keep temperature and noise development under control?

http://www.notebookcheck.net/MSI-GS70-2PEi71611-Notebook-Review.119833.0.html

Not Fit for Purpose

This laptop is obviously not fit for purpose for a gaming laptop.  The intolerable surface temperatures (& component temperatures) when gaming, as well as the GPU throttling during gaming is just not acceptable.  It's a poor design, they've not managed the thermals & they've also only included a 150W power adapter, which cannot supply enough power for a 4700MQ and an 870M - MSI always do this, always supply a power adapter that does not have enough power to adequately supply their laptops at full load.  MSI have cut too many corners here (again), and must have been deluded by designing this laptop & then deciding to actually put it on the market - they must test these things so they know it's not fit for purpose - ridiculous really!

Dipan Talukdar

I have to say all gaming laptops at certain point of use becomes hot . As reviewed by notebookcheck I have to say that the thermal design of this laptop is way better that other so called " thin gaming " notebooks . I use this laptop mainly for gaming and CAD but i never faced any problem on the temperature basis of this laptop , even the normal temperature of this notebook remains 30 to 38 'C as seen by speedfan , and hardly touches 70'C . While gaming i must say it gets pretty hot around the cpu fan where it reaches 80'C but in normal case it lies around 42 to 45 'C . So I cant agree partially with notebookcheck , but have to say this is a good gaming laptop in the thing gaming segment laptops . In terms of looks it quite simple and well polished . Yes one thing I support fully with notebookcheck and also other users review that MSI never provides recovery dvd with it . It merely cost few bucks but they wont provide  >:( . But by gaming scenario it can handle any games with AA off only . And in terms of power supply it is sufficient for this piece . My review is that go for this laptop and you own't regret it . But later for back-up purpose create system image recovery with your external HDD or SDD .  Whether you love it or hate it , simply you cant ignore it . I loved it and proud owner of it .

Not Fit for Purpose

I feel that Dipan Talukdar is a probably little deluded in his comment (the previous comment in this thread), possibly a combination of not wanting to have buyers regret & perhaps a lack of technical knowledge of his laptop.  It's clear that 150W isn't enough of a power supply for this laptop, and it's also clear that the GPU throttles during gaming - this laptop is LESS than the sum of it's parts unfortunately and the user cannot enjoy the performance they would expect to get with the specific components installed.  It underperforms other laptops with the same components because of this. 

Irfan Muhammad Wikaputra

please make review of GTX 870M SLI
please pleaseeeee
thank you

Maustellica

Not fit for purpose? It's not weird that it's out preformed by the much larger gaming laptops with comparible specs, because they have much more space for thermal management, so that the hardware can be used more effectively. But apparently the real purpose of this laptop is missed, it's meant to be light and more portable then other gaming laptops. Sure, it's a waste that this is at a cost of preformance, but all laptops have this problem, a desktop with comparible specs would easily outpreform every gaming laptop. So if you care so much about preformance, don't buy a laptop, if you want a semi-portable device that is suitable for gaming, buy a large and heavy gaming laptop and if you want even more portability and a very sleek design buy this laptop. I bought it for personal use and for my study and it perfectly build for this, I don't see myself carrying a 4+ kg laptop all day, so you should compare this laptop with laptops from the same size and weight. You can't compare apples with pears and so be it with laptops. And finally the lack of a optical drive is not a problem at all, my previous laptop had one and I allmost never used it, you can use the virtual drives provide by mounting programs or use usb device for reboothing etc.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview