News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review MSI GT70 2PE-890US Gaming Notebook

Started by Redaktion, May 03, 2014, 04:42:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Growling Dragon. MSI refreshes its GT70 series by adding on the new Nvidia GeForce GTX 880M. The graphics card works together with a quad-core CPU from Intel to deliver monstrous performance. The cooling is excellent and even offers the user the option to overclock the hardware. However, as is to be expected, this "dragon" is very loud. Find out more in our in-depth review.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-MSI-GT70-2PE-890US-Gaming-Notebook.115293.0.html

More Watts Please!

Looks like a pretty good notebook, but I don't know why MSI keep insisting on skimping on insufficient power adapters - 180W is pitiful for a laptop with 880M and high end i7 CPU.  It's hyped up marketing of the Nitrous Battery Boost system (think it's called that) is ridiculous hood winking considering that it uses battery power to make up for it's weak 180W power supply, which simply serves to drain the battery.  If they provided a 240W power adapter (at the least), then consumers could enjoy their machines without the battery draining.  How much extra cost would a more powerful power adapter add to the system - not a lot I'm sure, maybe MSI bought a job lot of 180W power adapters a few years ago for an absolute steal, and now are trying to make them work on all their systems!

Snore

While I like MSI as a whole, they need to start changing their GT series laptops designs. This is pretty much the same goes for ASUS G series...Their looks are getting dull and boring.

roommate

nice review
please add video review ....reading a long review like this is a little boring :-\

More Watts Please!

Quote from: roommate on May 03, 2014, 13:01:14
nice review
please add video review ....reading a long review like this is a little boring :-\

I personally hate video reviews, having to wait through minutes of someone's annoying voice, either going too fast, or more often too slowly!  I'd rather have a written review like they do here, with logical sections so you can quickly skip to the good bits, video adds hardly anything in a laptop review for me.  I'd rather they take the time to make a good written review, rather than have to dilute or sacrifice some of that in order to make a video review too.

ZZZ

You're absolutely right, Snore. Same chassis with same noisy fans and undersized touchpad. Is MSI just giving up on improving?

Nyak

Please review the gt60 dominator 3k. The 3k display is from workstation line, so it would be very interesting.

Florian Glaser

Quote from: Nyak on May 04, 2014, 10:53:02
Please review the gt60 dominator 3k. The 3k display is from workstation line, so it would be very interesting.

Review is coming up soon.

roommate

sorry for spam but do you have plan for dark souls 2 benchmark?

Florian Glaser

Nope, low system-requirements + 60-fps-lock = no good benchmark-material.

jordan

jordan

Florian Glaser

Quote from: jordan on May 05, 2014, 20:00:55
when is your MSI GT60 review going up?

The german version is online now: http://www.notebookcheck.com/Test-MSI-GT60-Dominator-Notebook.115655.0.html. Translation will take a few days.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview