News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

HP EliteBook Folio 1040 G3 Notebook Review

Started by Redaktion, April 28, 2016, 04:14:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Great display, but expensive. The new EliteBook Folio 1040 G3 is the current premium model from HP. This is also the case for the price, but can the test model justify the additional price over the strong rivals?

http://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-EliteBook-Folio-1040-G3-Notebook-Review.164469.0.html

ChristianP

Just my short view on this machine and its downsides (HP in general have proven to be ok).

I searched for a long time to find the ultimate laptop and ended up in the higher price range due to my specific requirements of a matte QHD screen.

Unfortunately I had issues with coil whining and oscillating fans in a quite room which made me practically go insane - so I returned it hoping it was a dud. But to my disappointment I was stuck with a (on the paper) perfect machine with major manufacting design issues and returned it once again - this time opting for a full refund. Luckily HP was very responsive and accommodating during the whole process so I will give HP a new chance in the future but not on this machine.

Do not recommend the Elitebook 1040 G3  if you are sensitive to noise and often work in a quite environment.

Regards, Christian

Tomek J.

I've been using this laptop for a month now and confirm the reported problem of oscillating fan. The G3 1040 activates the fan at CPU usage even around 10% (room temperature of ~23 deg. C) and making annoying speed oscillations! They are not noisy, but very annoying in quiet environments. In this regard shame on HP in my opinion. Otherwise, this is a great laptop. 

ViViD

Hi,

You can fix it with HPFancontrol:
http://tpfancontrol.com/
I have HP 1040 G2 with same problem. Fixed with HPFancontrol. You can tune rpm very smart. Recommended.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview