News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Gigabyte P35X v5 Notebook Review

Started by Redaktion, February 12, 2016, 09:30:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

This looks familiar... Gigabyte hasn't wasted any time reworking their P35X, now suffixed with "v5" so as to indicate that this is merely an iterative update. Given that, can the conservative revisions to the $2,300 P35X v5 preserve its relevance in the gaming market?

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Gigabyte-P35X-v5-Notebook-Review.158948.0.html

Rinneh

I am so disappointed in these reviews. I had a Gigabyte P34W v3 because of one of these reviews here. Also received an excellent review and stating a good build quality etc. In practice I noticed that Gigabyte laptops are really poorly made. Flexing laptop chassis over time, degrading battery health within months etc.

They are even that cheap that with this new version not to change the chassis but re-use it even though when some ports changed. So now the replaced usb3.0 with a USB3.1 port received a nice orange spacer to hide the fact that this chassis was made for an older model motherboard.

Art V

The high GPU/CPU temps are very concerning under load, and just wondering if a re-paste job with a high quality paste like ICD would help lower temps and reduce the minor throttling?
Question about marathon gaming sessions ( 2-3 hours +) do the fans go full blast all the time?
Thanks for the review.

reoo

I am surprised with the high 6700HQ power consumption.  How does it compare with the old Ivy bridge QM? With and without respect to performance per mhz?

I would appreciate power consumption measurements in idle (total idle + browsing).

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview