News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Galaxy S23, S23+ and Galaxy S23 Ultra: Modern Bluetooth codecs are still left out by Samsung

Started by Redaktion, March 05, 2023, 14:15:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Things are bubbling up in the fan mile. Samsung's flagships Galaxy S23, Galaxy S23+ and Galaxy S23 Ultra, which have been rated quite well in tests so far but cost up to 1,800 Euros, still drastically limit the buyer's selection of their preferred audio accessories. After getting rid of the 3.5 mm jack, Samsung more or less gently forces customers to use products from its own portfolio.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Galaxy-S23-S23-and-Galaxy-S23-Ultra-Modern-Bluetooth-codecs-are-still-left-out-by-Samsung.699131.0.html

Shane Curless

Oh well. It's not like there's a wide selection of headphones that even support anything better than SBC anyway 🤷

SyCoREAPER

All aptx sounds like dogsh1t anyway. If you are buying wireless headphones for audio quality it should have LDAC

Craig Comeau

I'm really enjoying my S23 Ultra with my Buds 2 Pro. Crazy high bitrate and can finally take advantage of the high bitrate music in Tidal.

An audiophile

Anyone who's bitching about lack of Lossless Bluetooth codec is a litteral fucking moron.

Bluetooth audio, even LDAC, is s***. Move on.

Audiothusiast

I use LDAC with my XM4 and Linkbuds S using tidal on S23 ultra. I also used the same formats on the Note 20. It absolutely sounds better than lower quality audio like YTM. In order to get this option enabled you have to unlock developer options. Not sure why they make it hard for the non tech savvy to find but its there.

David Jones

On the S23 line the hardware is already in the phone correct? All Samsung needs to do is do a software update to add the Aptx lossless. What about Spatial Audio? Google is gonna add it to Pixel 7 I believe. If not Pixel 8.

Djones2975

On the S23 line the hardware is already in the phone correct? All Samsung needs to do is do a software update to add the Aptx lossless. What about Spatial Audio? Google is gonna add it to Pixel 7 I believe. If not Pixel 8.

Victor S

Ahaha, iPhone mention in the end is really funny)).

Tell us, oh Guru, how things are with lossless bluetooth codecs on iPhone?
Huh? )))

Sunny

My Galaxy S23 Ultra appears to support aptX in some form. I see it as an option in Developer options along with AAC, LDAC, SBC and SSC.

Prince

Quote from: An audiophile on March 05, 2023, 23:37:01Anyone who's bitching about lack of Lossless Bluetooth codec is a litteral fucking moron.

Bluetooth audio, even LDAC, is s***. Move on.

Sounds like something Samsung corporate would say.  Sounds like you work for Samsung.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview