News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Toshiba Portégé Z10t Convertible

Started by Redaktion, December 01, 2013, 00:22:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Clipped Wings. A Windows Convertible for 1700 Euros must have something highlights to offer. However, docking was a sobering experience for us, although the Z10t is basically a well-balanced bundle.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Toshiba-Portege-Z10t-Convertible.106464.0.html

J Alexander

The more reviews I read of units like the Fujitsu, this Toshiba, the Helix, Vaio Duo 13 etc, I appreciate appreciate my Acer Iconia W700 even more. Although I had a lot of trouble initially with the Bluetooth and WLAN drivers it now works like a dream. At less than one-half of the price for most of these other systems, it was an absolute bargain even after a year.

By the way, of just about all the western review sources, I am convinced Notebookcheck is one of the best, if not THE best and most thorough.

Mondrow

I've had a very different experience with this laptop than what was experienced in this review. I don't know if the reviewer was lucky or I got a lemon, but my experiences have been far from positive. I've had the z10t for a little more than a year now and I keep finding more and more issues with it.

On top of the poor design with it being top heavy without any sort of stand to support in in the back and the dock that to me oozes cheap that started it's life as a metallic gray and is now a greasy black with no way that I've found to clean it up again. I've had many problems such as the keyboard randomly disconnecting itself if I nudge it the wrong way and a lovely 1 year anniversary gift the battery had failed not too long after the 1 year mark and then once again not even two months after getting it replaced and now I fear that the on board gfx card is starting to fail too as when I go to watch videos listen to music (and not even in high qualities or fps for the videos) it now isn't uncommon for it to stutter.

Despite keeping my drivers up to date sometimes I am unable to connect to the internet on this laptop and to fix the issue I need to restart the wireless driver which usually results in a blue screen. Oh and while I'm on the topic of screens the screen is actually decent, however it can't really handle glare. The touch part of the touchscreen however also has been playing up as occasionally when I touch specific spots on the screen (usually around the middle of the far left part of the screen, the bottom right and slightly up and to the left of the middle of the screen) after taking my finger away it still registers me as holding down a touch on that area. This is usually fixed by putting the computer to sleep.

I also feel as if some of the hardware was a little under spec'd at the price point as I have encountered massive lag when scrolling on pdf documents even on high performance. I also think that there is no difference distinguishing between idle and max performance as even when I have no programs running I have found that the fans will still sometimes start to go full throttle. When this happened I used a inferred laser thermometer to measure the temperature and some of the areas I recorded temperatures of around 40 degrees, the same temperature that was recorded in this review for some parts a max load. In fact while writing this with only my web browser running the back of the laptop is noticeably hot to the touch.

The last issue that I've had with this laptop is that I can hear ridiculous static through my headphones when plugged directly in and this static instantly becomes 10x worse when I put the laptop on charge. I have an external dac/amp now and this has for the most part fixed this issue, but if I move it too close to the laptop I can still hear some static.All in all this laptop has been terrible for me and the only redeeming qualities that I have found about it has been the screen and the ssd inside of it.

For me this laptop has been a bitter disappointment rather than clipped wings I would more describe this laptop to be paraplegic and completely stunted.  :'(

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview