News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Dell Inspiron 17R-SE-7720 Notebook

Started by Redaktion, August 16, 2012, 09:20:46

Previous topic - Next topic

black_hunter

i'm planning to buy this computer and to replace the 2gb ram whith a 4gb ram, is the ram sold on the dell's website for the normal edition of the  17r compatible?

chuck

hated this laptop. very poor screen quality. don't buy it if it comes with Chi Mei display which is only 6bit per channel.

Nigel

Chuck has no idea what he is talking about, throwing the 6bit comment out there shows his ignorance. I JUST got the 7720 delivered to me and it has the chimei screen in it and let me tell you this screen is gorgeous. The color is perfect, the adjustments were not needed and the crisp/sharpness of this screen is beautiful. I even have a Alienware M18 for the last 1.5 yrs, this screen is top notch!!!!

DM

I would agree, I just got my 7720 SE a moth ago and the display is superb, wonderful colours.

Tomas

fantastic notebook when combined with SSD. Extremly quiet. However 100Mbit/s LAN - shame DELL!

MentalDraco

Yes this laptop is grate, display is awesome. Only thing I don't like is that I was not able to find a 9cell battery for it but the rest of the laptop gets a 10 out of 10.

paressh

upgrade

I did it put a ssd in my inspiron 17R actually 2 of them.  One is a SanDisk Ultra 256 g on sale 100 bucks then I grabbed a smaller 128 same make for an older inspiron my wife has was 79 bucks, made that old laptop fly. In my new one I also added a second ssd for storage.  Anyway my laptop boots up in under 15 seconds and performance is really nice.  Mine has 8g ram I am told that is the max but them someone comes along and puts 16g in theirs and it works with 64bit Windows

bladteth

Quote from: Dario on September 26, 2012, 10:39:49
Very nice review!
I have a couple of questions, are all the storage disks ports (both 2.5 " and the mSATA) SATA III? Because afaik the HM77 only supports two SATA III ports
And does it come with the second caddy for the 2.5" bay? Can it be installed right away?

Two main bays are SATA 3 while mSATA drive will only run at SATA 2 speeds.

bladteth

Finally Dell released BIOS A17 and addressed GPU boost problem. Now unplugging the laptop from the mains does not make GPU stuck at default 745 MHz and boost works again when back on AC power.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview