News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 7 Tablet

Started by Redaktion, October 28, 2013, 03:37:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A brighter Fire. Now in its third generation, the Kindle Fire series shows no signs of burning out. It is still the go-to tablet for Amazon shoppers, but are the new hardware and software updates enough for Android fans to jump ship? We take a closer in-depth look at the new $229 model to see what's new.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Amazon-Kindle-Fire-HDX-7-Tablet.104415.0.html

MikeI

I got the Fire HD (2nd gen) thinking it will take me mobile. Not so. Amazon's tablet is perhaps good for shopping on Amazon but that's about it. It is a CLOSED platform. Only the apps Amazon likes (has a deal going) will be installable. I could not put Chrome browser on it and that reduced my use a lot. It has no GPS! What? It is collecting dust. I think that Notebookcheck is a bit dull for not putting themselves in the shoes of the user. Oh, go play Angry Birds

Allen.Ngo

Hello,

I believe that our conclusion made it clear that a standard Android tablet is the better choice if the user has little or no interest in Amazon shopping or products. Nonetheless, apologies for the frustration.

Gwen Bellin

I'm disappointed in NBR.  One of your great strengths is your display tests and subjective evaluations.  Amazon trumpets it's HDX displays covering 100% of the ARGB gamut.  You even cite that they make this claim.  They you proceed NOT to measure this display's color gamut. ???

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview