News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Notebookcheck's Top 10 Multimedia Notebooks

Started by Redaktion, October 25, 2013, 12:46:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

October 2013 update. Here you will find the current best multimedia notebooks reviewed by Notebookcheck in the last few months. Our list of top models is regularly updated, maintained and commented on and should assist in purchase decisions.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Notebookcheck-s-Top-10-Multimedia-Notebooks.98608.0.html

gary sharp

And where does the Gigabyte P34G fall in your ratings,, is it a multimedia notebook with a gtx760?, at least on par with the Asus, is it a gaming notebook? Or is 1.7 kg and no flashing lights means it doesnt rate in your gaming notebook definition? Or is it a premium business notebook?, or as it is not a Lenova, HP or Dell it cant be a business notebook?. I dont see it in any but it competes highly in all three categories!

gary sharp

Actually, I am losing confidence in your review process. I just rechecked your P34G evaluation of a month earlier and Please explain why the p34g is not in your top 10,,, it is the same form factor as the U24T, much faster graphics, vastly better screen, 16gb of ram, faster processor and costs 1 euro more, yet it is not listed...

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Gigabyte-P34G-Notebook.105195.0.html

Perhaps your reviewer/s  should read your own reviews

It is annoying it see manufacturers who push the envelope not getting supported and the dreary mediocracy being maintained..

dwg

You have GOT to be kidding, recommending the Lenovo U510.  This is the most frequently fire-saled lenovo product on the outlet site, it has a dim screen, no battery life, it's a piece of fluff in a pretty chassis.  Recommend a laptop with a score of 79 on your gaming list?  What is wrong with you people?

Andrey

Asus N550JK is not a ULV CPU. It's the same i7-4700HQ or i5-4200H as the N750JK.

Sahil Kumar

Sahil Kumar

Kost

Can I ask why You have removed XPS 15 late 2013 model from this list comletly? A few moths ago it was frist for a long prerion of time then second now gone completly.

-D.Dacher

I must agree with all of these comments, although not to an angry degree. But the smaller boutiques with their actually great and quite powerful Multimedia Systems should get a leg up here, and one would expect at least one of these smaller laptop manufacturers would make this top ten list, which amounts to Notebookcheck's very real cred.

dpschramm

I'm also surprised the XPS 15 (early 2014) isn't here, when it was 2nd behind the MBPr15 until recently, and is one of the main machines compared against in the Zenbook NX500 review. As other commenters have noted, its difficult to rely on these lists when there are such glaring ommisions. More transparency would be appreciated.

gary

Aghhhhhhhhhh, wtf is this wortman at 80, even the 18 month old gigabyte p34g gets 82, but of course its an old notebook and your criteria excludes older notebooks.... sic Macbook Pro retina, sorry your ratings have no credibility

Maciek

"[v5-573g] could be even considered a gaming notebook, but it only costs 799 Euros" - so now the price makes a notebook gaming or not?

gary

Seriously , your two top notebooks for "multimedia" have old GT750 GPU's...  I would have thought the graphics performance would be the key criteria in judging a multimedia notebook...

gary

Please consider giving readers an alternative method for rating devices that doesn't revolve around your interpretation of what a multimedia, business, lightweight gaming device should be. JUST GIVE US THE FACTS and let us filter what criteria we think is important.

I really appreciate the detail of your technical evaluations but not your interpretation of them. 

How could you seriously recommend by rating an old notebook with ancient gpu at the top of your list when because of its age a new model is likely soon.

Further, you only encourage manufacturers it rest on their laurels

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview