News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Dell Wireless Dock D5000

Started by Redaktion, June 10, 2013, 09:28:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

All-in-one Wireless Docking Solution. The underutilized 802.11ad band is put to the test with Dell's first wireless docking solution to provide untethered USB 3.0, HDMI, DisplayPort, Ethernet, and audio. It's only compatible on select few Dell notebooks for now, but is this wireless standard ready to replace your USB cable?

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Dell-Wireless-Dock-D5000.93907.0.html

Jacob

Are higher resolutions possible over Displayport, such as 2560x1600 (1440)? If yes, are two screens with that resolution possible over Displayport?

Roy

I've been using the dock for 7 months and have intermittent problems (can't connect, dropped connections, poor performance), including system lockup, where I have to do a power down/up. Fortunately, most applications now have document recovery, so I seldom lose much work, but it is a nuisance at best (I did have a file corrupted once which was fairly painful). It recently started failing to connect for long periods of time and it now looks like I need to get a replacement dock. I would not recommend the docking station to others, it's just not ready for prime time. I am unfortunately stuck with mine since my Dell Latitude 6430u doesn't have a physical docking connection. If the problems persist, I will just have to learn to live without "docking" - woe is me. :)

zik

I'm using on a 256x1600 and it's so laggy that it's unbearable. I wouldn't recommend it. It's almost annoying enough that I'm thinking of ditching the 32 inch monitor to get rid of the lag.

Brian

Do you still have to plug your pc power chord into a wall socket to charge and not run on battery?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview