News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Toshiba Satellite S50-A-10H Notebook

Started by Redaktion, August 17, 2013, 21:50:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Compact all-rounder. The Satellite S50 wants to be a high-performance all-round laptop for home usage. Toshiba installs a Haswell processor and a GeForce GPU in the laptop and completes the bundle with a high-capacity hard drive. Whether the computer is compelling is revealed in our test report.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Toshiba-Satellite-S50-A-10H-Notebook.99543.0.html

paul lorrio

i do not recomend this laptop, paid £700 for it and had nothing but problems,
Toshibas service is horrendous and they may as well not have a service/technical department and they are not willing to help you.
Always had sony or samsung before. Really regreting changing to toshiba.
I will never buy another product from them  >:(

Sci-Fi Si

Do not attempt to pick up your laptop using your right hand - EVER! The underside of the case is extremely thin and flimsy. Any attempt to to pick up your laptop will bend the plastic underside where the RAM is kept - You WILL short the computer, instantly loose all your information and (assuming you haven't just blown it up) force the system into a reboot.

On the plus side, its nice to have an i7 processor at hand and 6Gig is fine for most purposes. A pretty good gaming laptop and I particularly like the illuminated keyboard, never having had one before I now don't know how I could have lived without it!

Pool View

Thanks for the tip on removing the bottom.
I'm swapping out the HDD for a SSD. I'm cloning the drive as I type this.

Thanks again for the tip, after reading your review, I probed with a little more force and the bottom started to separate.

renka

Bought the s50 model a couple months ago and have had no problems. I had a Toshiba Satellite circa 2005 and it finally gave out end of 2013. This model is obviously ions ahead of the previous. Smooth quality finish, ergonomic layout love the separated key pad, quiet, light, comfy on the lap typing. I don't like the SD card insert. You have to use your fingernails to push in the card to insert or remove it. I know they are trying to make it so it isn't sticking out while you're using the machine but went a little too far here. Also the touch pad works fine (which was an issue on my old one from the get-go) but the left/right buttons at the bottom of my previous model are now left/right corners of the same single pad that is only interrupted by two very low profile lines to designate the button areas. I find it much harder to use and notice that when I want to, say, highlight a page of text to copy paste; when I hold down the left button area and drag my index finder over the pad, it will frequently be confused as if I am putting two fingers on the pad and it won't allow the cursor to move. I have thin fingers too! This isn't a big deal because I almost always use a mouse but I thought I'd point it out. The sound is decent for laptop speakers. Certainly loud enough which was always a problem in other laptops including my partners new mac book. Come to think of it my new Satellite seems faster at loading and streaming videos than her mac though the difference of a few seconds really seems nearly meaningless when you're old enough to remember several minutes or tens of minutes in the 90's!!! Patience is a virtue. Over all very happy and as long as this one lasts 7+ years like the last one, I will likely buy another. 

Nohcho

My honest review is about TOSHIBA Satellite S50-B-12Z. Have now been using this laptop for 5 days and overall I'm very pleased with it. However, it does have some downsides as anything does in this world!
Pros: :)
High built quality
Beautiful aluminium design.
A very beautiful HD screen that I have never seen on any windows 15.6 inch laptop.
Good speakers(Not very loud though)
Very good HD camera.
Very good keyboard with backlighting
Good touchpad (Not excellent though)
Very fast on performance.
Light and durable

Cons: :(
HD resolution makes texts or other items appear too small on some applications despite windows scaling being used (Not a huge issue as windows scaling sorts that problem on many programs.
Microphone captures all the hard drive noise and skype calls are almost useless (unless you install an SSD or external microphone)

Overal I'm very happy with this machine and would definitely recommend to anyone who is looking for a stylish, fast laptop with a beautiful screen.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview