News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

HP Pavilion 15 UHD T9Y85AV Notebook Review

Started by Redaktion, August 06, 2016, 03:42:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

No frills gaming. The Pavilion 15 is a great blend of multimedia and performance gaming in a modest and portable multimedia chassis. Its connectivity options and serviceability, however, leave a lot to be desired.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-Pavilion-15-UHD-T9Y85AV-Notebook-Review.170406.0.html

Peter B

In the UK HP is selling HP Pavilion 15-bc005na 15.6" laptop with FHD scree. The laptop looks exactly like the one in this article, but unfortunately there's no option to customise any part (as it's unfortunately quite common in the UK amongst big laptop makers). As I haven't seen a review of this specific HP laptop, wondering how good/bad the FHD display is. Thanks for any help.

Imglidinhere

Unfortunately it seems that most everyday companies don't get what is required for a worthy $1000 investment for a gaming machine. If it's sub-$1000 and you get a 960m (like I did) and an average 1080p screen, then it's a win I suppose, but so far, I've been really disappointed by Toshiba and HP's attempts at making gaming machines. They CAN do it but they need to really hammer down and actually care about the product instead of the typical "That's good enough for'em."

edit1754

You show the RG/BW subpixel array photo, which is great and important info, but I don't think you emphasize enough in this article that the RG/BW subpixel array means the panel is not really 3840x2160.

RG/BW is a cheap trick to achieve the ability to advertise a particular resolution, without actually achieving the resolution itself. In a normal display, resolution means how many individual independent squares you get that can each display any color they want. Here, you don't get that. Your computer renders in 3840x2160, but your display cannot display it in proper detail because doesn't have enough dots.

(http://forum.notebookreview.com/attachments/pixel-layouts-jpg.118764/)

RG/BW is a huge problem in the market today, and we need to address it as such. True 2880x1620 and 3200x1800 displays exist, and their resolutions provide more detail and a smoother picture at lower computational cost than a false 3840x2160, but manufacturers are opting for false 3840x2160 displays instead. It takes away our access to wider varieties of resolutions, and it invades the advertising space of devices that do truly achieve the 3840x2160 resolution.

A big step towards solving this would be to properly address it in your reviews.

Laptops known to use RG/BW false high-resolution displays:
- Dell Inspiron 15.6" UHD models
- ASUS Zenbook, Q-Series QHD+, UHD
- Samsung Notebook QHD, QHD+, UHD
- HP Spectre 13.3" QHD+
- HP Pavilion, Omen 15.6" UHD
- 15.6" Clevo w/ the G-Sync Samsung UHD
- MSI Ghost Pro 4K
- Lenovo Y50 UHD, Yoga 910 QHD+
- Toshiba Radius 15.6" UHD

Laptops known to use true high-resolution displays:
- Dell XPS 13 and 15
- Lenovo Yoga 710, Yoga 910, Y700 UHD
- HP Spectre x360 13.3" QHD
- HP Pavilion/Omen 17.3" UHD
- 15.6" Clevo models w/ the Sharp UHD
- MSI Ghost Pro 3K (2880x1620)
- Toshiba Radius 12.5" UHD
- All Alienware and Razer Blade
- All Lenovo, Dell, HP business-class
- All other 17.3" QHD and UHD
- Most 13.3" and 14" models w/ QHD
- All Microsoft SurfaceBook models
- All Retina Macbooks

edit1754

Correction to my previous post: "Lenovo 910 QHD+" under false high-resolution displays should say "Lenovo 900 QHD+"

The new Lenovo 910 is either FHD or (true) UHD, not (false) QHD+.

Depar

So mate,what laptop should I get for 2017.I need color accuracy display.So far,all of the FHD displays that I see in the market are really poor in color accuracy.The only thing i can think is to get the UHD display for me.Any suggestion?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview