News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E550 Notebook Review

Started by Redaktion, March 10, 2015, 08:06:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Two steps forward, one step back. Lenovo replaces a standard CPU with a ULV processor in yet another ThinkPad. Thus, the Edge E550 sacrifices some performance in favor of power consumption and emissions. The inexpensive office laptop nevertheless makes an overall solid impression.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-Edge-E550-Notebook-Review.137727.0.html

iMax2.0

Hi,
I would like to buy this computer but the poor quality of screen might be a problem.
Could you tell me how you calibrated it? Did you use a color profile? If so, where could I find it?
Thanks.

Clark

I bought one with a 1080 screen and it's fine, pretty decent. I previously tried the Lenovo g70-70 and returned it because the screen was shockingly bad, but you won't have problems with the E550 it seems a really good all round machine.

Rod

I cant complain, it is quite all right.
With the exception that it does not have:
a hard drive (solid) activity led  and  a Cap Lock led
my old cheap Dell had both.
Otherwise all OK.

JonDoe

Hi guys,

If you had to choose between this laptop and the Inspiron 5000 reviewed here:

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-Inspiron-15-5558-Notebook-Review.145836.0.html

...which would you go for, assuming the price is more or less equal?

Thanks!

Darko

If I could turn back time, I would never buy this laptop (E550, i7 cpu). Its screen is so low quality manufacture, that it broke by a casual blow after 5 days of purchase. They want to charge me 200£ for the replacement, but I found a used one. However, they made it so wisely that in order to reach the screen you have to take ALL devices (motherboard, drives, graphic and network cards, and much more). Plus, the touchpad has shown not quite sensitive from the beginning. A shame of a laptop. Give me my 800£ back, thieves. The name is good - ThinkPad - think twice before you buy it.

Loser

Quote from: Darko on October 08, 2015, 15:11:55
If I could turn back time, I would never buy this laptop (E550, i7 cpu). Its screen is so low quality manufacture, that it broke by a casual blow after 5 days of purchase. They want to charge me 200£ for the replacement, but I found a used one. However, they made it so wisely that in order to reach the screen you have to take ALL devices (motherboard, drives, graphic and network cards, and much more). Plus, the touchpad has shown not quite sensitive from the beginning. A shame of a laptop. Give me my 800£ back, thieves. The name is good - ThinkPad - think twice before you buy it.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Allen

Is it possible to upgrade the r7 260m to something more powerful like the gtx 970m ?

mido98

For an engineering student ,this i7 laptop is too slow even when i am doing simple stuff like restarting the computer or even opening google chrome .My old compaq presario cq57 which has an amd athlon x64 x2 and 4 gigs of ram is near to the performance of this intel i7-5500u and 16 GIGS of ram.

Arthur

Excellent laptop, cant complain. I have the i5 version with the lower resolution screen. Running linux and besides the camera not working I have no problem whatsoever.
Capable of running CivilizationV well, but I primarily use it for browsing and Programming(PyCharm/AndroidStudio).
Rarely heats up and the battery holds for about 5 hours.
The keyboard is a hugge plus, it is extremely comfortable.

Overall great value and really happy about the purchase.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview