News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Sony Xperia 5 Smartphone Review: A handy handset despite having a 6-inch display

Started by Redaktion, November 15, 2019, 20:14:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Xperia 5 is not the first smartphone that Sony has released with a 21:9 display. We have already seen the Xperia 1 and Xperia 10 trying to distinguish themselves from their peers with this aspect ratio, and now Sony is trying to persuade people that 21:9 is the future with the Xperia 5. Having such a tall display has proven practical in our experience, but the Xperia 5 falls short of expectations in some crucial areas, as our review will reveal.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Sony-Xperia-5-Smartphone-Review-A-handy-handset-despite-having-a-6-inch-display.442783.0.html

S.Yu

I assume the EM10II samples were shot with the kit lens wide open? Please shoot it stopped down next time, kit lenses are generally bad and this one seems worse than average, and there's notable DoF issue with close-up shots.

C. Thai

Kaloyan Stoychev

I'm not sure what kind of battery test you're doing, but GSM Arena had the exact opposite conclusion and praised the device for its battery life. Yes, the capacity isn't huge, but power management is great. My Xperia 5 easily lasts more than a day in normal usage.

I'm generally also quite happy with the device and would definitely recommend it. Snappy, great screen, camera and design.

vrvly

Basically hi end price with half year old specs which were even then already behind.
With mi note 10 main, 2x tele performance and 0.6x and 5x capabilities, camera output from this is basically not usable in comparison, like pocket camera vs mirrorless.

Shadam Suganob

That lowlight shot though, the reviewer tries so hard to make the Xperia shot look horrible. If you look closely in the photo (scene 3) only the Xperia was made to focus in the candle and making the background soft and blurry while all other photos was made to focus in the background making almost every object in the scene sharp except for the candle.

S.Yu

Quote from: Shadam Suganob on November 20, 2019, 01:18:27
That lowlight shot though, the reviewer tries so hard to make the Xperia shot look horrible. If you look closely in the photo (scene 3) only the Xperia was made to focus in the candle and making the background soft and blurry while all other photos was made to focus in the background making almost every object in the scene sharp except for the candle.
Focus consistency is an issue, however the least sharp photo resulting from lack of DoF is the EM10II's.

VRZ

I have this device and battery life is quite good especially for the size of the battery. GSMArena battery life test score is high and on this comparative video you can see it lasts just a bit less than the OnePlus 7 Pro : youtu.be/5pxYxPSbl_s

Maybe you got a bad unit or there were some issue while you were doing the battery life test... Also I easily manage around 400 Mbps on WiFi at one meter of my router...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview