News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Alienware 14 Notebook

Started by Redaktion, July 27, 2013, 00:24:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Tempting. New case, new name and new components: Alienware risks a lot to offer the best gaming notebooks in 2013. The integrated features won't be easy to beat for the competition. Despite its 14-inch form factor the notebook can be equipped with a high resolution anti-reflective display and a GeForce GTX 765M. A well balanced package or just an overpriced beauty?

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Alienware-14-Notebook.97648.0.html

Vilmir

+1 for the lack of 15.6 inches laptop with a 770M.
Can't wait to read your Alienware 17 review!

Deathstroke111

The inside of the alienware 14 feels cheap and flimsy :(

Fred

>We cannot really understand why Alienware even develops a 14-inch device
I am that reason. I want 14"

Fred

Jayson

I think i will go for the Asus G46 here because this unit has one fan that is harmful with the battery (see above the battery bar harmful above 65 degres.Im not a fan with the performance with this unit because you can enjoy the performance with this laptop but it will kill your hardware and it will broke in month if you use this unit on a daily basis.All in all ASUS G46 Dominates Alienware 14 hands down.

Jeffrey

Dear notebookreview, can you review the 13.3 inch Clevo w230st next? It's really an interesting machine!

Thomas Walton

ares-alt129

Anon

I have this laptop but it has ghosting/jamming problems

I cant play binding of isaac because of that

pvz

i'd like to see a review of the razer blade 14" 2013

gb

Build quality? I bought the alienware 17, but sent it back to dell for build quality issues. The right touchpad button was loose. That was repaired by an engineer, only for the left touchpad button to begin sticking in it's depressed position. The USB ports on the unit were extremely stiff, not smooth at all, and required 2 handed operation at all times for fear of causing damage. Also, the newly supplied unit was not wrapped in plastic inside the box and consequently was (lightly) soiled with white dust from the factory environment.

Allions

I got this and it looks great but i can't even touch the 3d mark 11 score in the article. I keep getting around 2500... not event 4000 like in the article. I'm doing something wrong?

Fisomi

You shoud check if 3D Mark is using your Nvidia GPU or the Intel GPU. Also check if the notebook is set to Power saver at power settings. Just to be clear, you are doing 3D Mark while AC plugged in, right? You have the GTX765M, right?

Allions

I'm using the Nvidia GPU, i've plugged in the AC and battery option are set to "maximum performance". i'm using the free version of 3D Mark (i dunno if this is the problem). And yes ofc i have the 765m 2GB.

Allions

From here i can see my results are ok:
http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-765M.92907.0.html
because the score in the article is for 3d Mark 11 Performance GPU 1280x720 test. The medium score for 3D Mark 11 Fire strike is 2488.6, i got 2497 in the last one, so is ok.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview