News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Lenovo IdeaPad Y510p Notebook

Started by Redaktion, July 21, 2013, 08:57:19

Previous topic - Next topic

David B.

I'm currently running this machine in win 7, with an SSD upgrade, and she's screaming fast. Haven't been able to throw anything at her that she couldn't handle at well over 50 FPS. Played world in conflict's graphics demo and smoked it, not even dropping below 40 FPS when they detonated a nuke, and dropped 3-4 dozen airstrikes. It doesn't do so hot on battery, even with one of the GPU's removed, however does fine for light duty on battery. Just make sure to turn the GPUs off.

I don't mind the touchpad for regular use, I disagree with the review and find its a perfectly normal touchpad, and better than most.

One other unique thing to point out: the default configuration for the hard drives can be changed dramatically. the M2 SSD can be turned into a second regular hard drive, although the M2 form factor struggles with capacity, I managed to find a 128 GB M2 SSD and used it to install and run Linux Mint on a second drive. It boots just fine from both. Considering I bought the laptop refurbished for 900 bucks, its a good upgrade. I now have a gaming machine that will smoke most MSI rigs sold at 1200 for a hair over 1 grand. Best purchase ever.

Chloe

I've had this laptop since its creation almost ? 8 years ago.

I've used it nearly every single day for anything from 30+ chrome tab browsing to long episodes of Skyrim 2013 on high-ultra graphics, photoshop & editing, music, etc. It rarely gets turned off for anything more than a restart or to travel.

In it's first year, a couple key caps fell off and I sent it in under warranty to have the keyboard replaced. Of course some of the paint has worn down on the palm rest by now, showing the metal chassis underneath. And it does get pretty hot under heavy load - but with a laptop stand it has never overheated.

No matter how well it's stood the test of time (it's a little slower now but that's all), in all honesty I'm just very lucky that it's still alive. Had to comment since I've found myself back here searching for a new laptop finally!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview