News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Update Asus Zenbook UX302LG-C4014H Ultrabook

Started by Redaktion, February 26, 2014, 07:15:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Ultimate rush. Which tech specs does the technically savvy user find most compelling? A beefy CPU, lightning-fast SSD, and a potent graphics card propel an Ultrabook to the top of the "must-have" list. Does the Zenbook UX302 score a "Very Good" this time around?

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Update-Asus-Zenbook-UX302LG-C4014H-Ultrabook.112008.0.html

Mongler

Hi,
I work with marketing and drag my laptop back and foth to my office. I mostly work with content management, such as text editing, but also some in excel. I use my laptop for wahtching movies and use the web.
Do you think this would fit?

Thanks for good reviews!!

All the best
Jonas

Mongler

Hi,
I work with marketing and drag my laptop back and foth to my office. I mostly work with content management, such as text editing, but also some in excel. I use my laptop for wahtching movies and use the web.
I have been looking at the Asus, but dont know if its a good deal?

I have a Sony Vaio VPC SB1v today, with below specs
I5-2410M 2,6GHZ
4mb RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6470

Dont know if there is a light 15" model, as the screen is a bit small when working with text from home. (I use external monitor at work, so 15" is only a posibility if this is a light one, aprox 2KG)

And as I use lots of programs at the same time, I think I need at least 8mb RAM??

Thanks for good reviews!!

All the best
Jonas

gary sharp

Significantly more powerful, significantly cheaper, almost identical form factor and not even a mention of the Gigabyte p34g...  I also fail to see any benifit of retina density display on a 13" notebook.. you note that the eye can not percieve higher density than 188ppi yet give credit when manufacturers provide such displays when really they should be critised for marketing superfluous capabilities and probably charging us more for this questionable feature.

Elf Kid

Many thanks for this review. I've been wondering if the GPU would induce any CPU-throttling to keep the temperatures down but clearly that isn't really the case.

All in all this means that the UX302LG is an excellent little machine for demaning programs like Premiere Pro (and Photoshop). It really has everything you could want in that form factor; a decent CPU, a CUDA-capable GPU with 2GB RAM, up to 12GB RAM, one mSATA SSD-slot (half size) for OS/program/cache and a full size SSD for media. Sure, the display could have higher resolution and the i7 in the 301LA and the 13" MBPr is faster but the nVidia GPU will make all the difference when you edit HD-video on the road.

Want!

serik

its funny to see how you hide apple products on that tests where it suck)

Cfra

Could you please precise whether covering 58% of RGB coverage is a good measure ?? How does it cover sRGB ? I am into photography and really need these figures.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview