News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Toshiba Satellite C850-1LX Notebook

Started by Redaktion, May 02, 2013, 10:16:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Add some contrast to the office. A Celeron dual-core processor from the Ivy Bridge generation powers this Toshiba notebook. The processor joins forces with a 15.6 inch display, plenty of hard drive space and Windows 8. On paper, the computer claims to serve the needs of most users. Whether this is true in practice is a question for our review to answer.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Toshiba-Satellite-C850-1LX-Notebook.91804.0.html

thetonyxx

i buy this notebook two day ago at only 299€
performace is very good but to the very low price
skyrim at 800x600 are perfect playable, 4k video run perfect
low hot under load, a very good buy :)

TripZ

Great write up. Have this model for close to a year and is dead on to your tests. Very durable machine. I've run it to its max and never let me down. Even done things I was told it couldn't.

Andrea Köth

hi together,

I bought this Notebook a bit more than a Year ago now and I really do not regret it on any day.

Why all Users should buy this notebook are the following advantages:
very fast booting
very good graphics
8 GB of RAM
plenty of space on internal harddrive (1TB)
Also the sound is perfect
This Notebook also fits all needs for Multimedia and Gaming.

And what I also found out is, that this Notebook perfectly works with opensource operating-systems like Ubuntu and many other ubuntu-based Systems. So this machine is a real Linux-machine and should be sold with Linux instead of Windows.

So I would suggest: switch the operating-system to Ubuntu or another ubuntu-based System.

So this Notebook is really worth buying it and I really enjoy it.

But there are two requests remaining:
first request: can it be made possible, that the Bios-Upgrader could be made available for Ubuntu and ubuntu-based Systems please?? I currently run a ubuntu-based operating system.

request two: could it be made possible, that the BIOS (Insyde-BIOS) could be changed to coreboot please?? The second request is, because of Coreboot being opensource. Coreboot also is a very good prerequisit for useing opensource operating-systems like Ubuntu, ubuntu-based Systems like LInuxMint, LinuxMint-Debian, Debian itself, Fedora and others.

Thanks in advance for considering these requests.

Greetings
Andrea

Muhammad Shoaib

Hello ,
i buy toshiba satellite c850-19d and upgrade the processor to i3 and now i had a problem that it turns off  without warning after 30 min. tell me how much it can b upgrade-able. or not to upgrade.
please reply

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview