News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Samsung ATIV S Smartphone

Started by Redaktion, February 22, 2013, 07:15:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A new star in the Windows-sky. Samsung offers a direct competitor to the HTC 8X and the Nokia Lumia 920 with the ATIV S, all three devices run Windows Phone 8. Where are the small but subtle differences and can it ascend the Windows Phone 8 throne?

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Samsung-ATIV-S-Smartphone.88607.0.html

Jon Pearkins

"The slot accepts cards with a capacity of up to 32 GB."
I researched this before buying the ATIV S in November.  Although I forget the exact details, the 32GB limit is a software or firmware limitation, not a hardware limitation.  Samsung specs for the ATIV S list SDXC compatibility with no stated upper limit, though SDXC itself has a 2TB limit.  My point is that the 32GB limit on microSDHC and microSDXC cards for this phone will very likely disappear with a future version of phone firmware and/or Windows Phone 8 software.

"Currently the ATIV S cannot offer LTE"
I purchased my ATIV S in November in Canada and it came with LTE.  And the LTE works well, as I regularly use it on my Canadian carrier's LTE network.

Daniel Schuster

Hi Jon,

the Review is translated out of the german version of notebookcheck.com.
The german version of the ATIV S is just available without LTE.

We can not say, if the ATIV S is really compatible with the 64 GB SD-Card, but we´ve tested, that the 32 GB SD-Card works fine. We aren´t able to say if there is an limitation by hard- or software.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview