News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Lenovo B590 MBX2JGE Notebook

Started by Redaktion, February 22, 2013, 07:32:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Plastic Office laptop The B590 from Lenovo is a budget office laptop. We check how well this notebook equipped with Core i3 processor performs. Is the system balanced, or did Lenovo cut down too much?

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Lenovo-B590-MBX2JGE-Notebook.88518.0.html

Daved

this notebook is a bit crap, have it and i am not that happy.
first of all, sound just sucks. is very bad.
i dont get used to this keyboard! too much gap between keys and is lousy!

display is bad bad bad, not true colors, and i dont understand how you can say is not bright enought, damn it, its too bright, it even hurts vision, make it uncofortable to read.
Also blacks are not blacks... are grey, and if you reduce gamma correction then you lose lot of gradient colors. that sucks.

i got the same model but with and i5, and the system works well, boots in 20 sec from cold start! but too many bad points, in my opinion. just not happy enough.
Also then Fn/Cntr keys are switched, over 10 years i end up used to have the FN in the corner and now its not... i haver very huge hands and i dont find confortable this "accutype" keyboard

Mikael

Noble Edward

Nice machine, value for money ($399+tax), ergonomically shaped - absolutely beautiful to look at! I love this laptop. :)

Lenovosucks

This is the worst laptop I have ever owned.  It was provided by my insurance company as a replacement for my previous Windows 7 broken laptop.  It is cheap looking, the software is not stable, the network adaptor faulty.  And to top it all you have to pay premium rates to have Lenovo support deal with it under warranty!

Balen

Now that I have been using this laptop for over a month, I would like to share my thoughts and feeling about it. First off, two weeks after I've bought a unit, I bought a second unit and replaced its Windows 8 with ubunut 12. The pc is certainly not perfect, under windows the wireless module fails after every restart of the OS, but it works flawlessly after an off/on of the module from windows. Although the plastic of the body isn't the best out there but, I like it's simple design and the fact that it's not glossy or have any pattens on it.The pc is silent and almost no heat comes out from it! The wireless module under ubuntu is flawless, although the bluetooth don't work.All in all, it's perfect for programmers.  The units that I have bought have Intel pentium B960 in them, it's enough for office work and programming.

John Johnson

Deborah Beck

Perfect for office/business use and light home use (not gaming - just browsing the net and office documents).  Keyboard is ideal for a 125wpm touch-typist (which is very rare in a laptop!).  Practical, well-priced, straightforward does-what-it-says-on-the-tin type laptop.

jorge

I just bought one B590 today for me to use at school, esp in programming classes. I loaded it with Windows 8.1, Office and Visual Studio. The laptop looks decent and modest if I may say so. THe build quality lags behind the more premium models from Lenovo, but it is not bad at all. Just a cheaper price range, that's all. It runs smoothly and multi-touch trackpad is a huge plus. Screen is not evenly lit, and it is in my opinion maybe the worst thing in the computer. To sum it up, I am happy with my purchase. I knew exactly what I was buying and at that price I think one can't expect wonders. One advantage of buying a cheap laptop is that you can replace it easily when you're through with it.

Michael Kay

It is awful - it's been back to base under warranty twice at great cost - even though it was meant to be under warranty - last time had to be in for TWO days waiting for DPD (the worst parcel service in the world).  It's back and now out of warranty - camera still not working and the wifi adaptor is completely useless.  Well they fixed the power circuit at least.  Definitely the worst piece of equipment I have ever bought.  Will NEVER buy Lenovo again.

B590 Owner

I bought a B590 off ebay. I upgraded the cpu from an i3 2348m to i7 2620m. I added 16gb of ram and a ssd. Stock this thing is really cheap but after upgrading I would say it's fairly decent. Case is still flimsy and the screen is too dim but it works. For the record, I did not remove the whitelist from the bios for the ssd and cpu upgrade. Hope this review helps someone.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview