News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell Latitude 7400 Laptop Review: Even the high end is not free from weaknesses

Started by Redaktion, September 21, 2019, 19:12:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Dell's 14-inch business laptop boasts a long battery life, an excellent keyboard and a fast NVMe SSD. The matte IPS display, however, could have a greater maximum brightness. In addition, the fan emits a high-pitched whistling noise.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-Latitude-7400-Laptop-Review-Even-the-high-end-is-not-free-from-weaknesses.435025.0.html

william blake

so 674 cinebench multi?
what is wrong with you guys?
imagine a customer who wants to buy a buisiness laptop and one of the purposes is rendering in cinema 4d. he look at the charts and thinking oh 674 is pretty good for 15w, lets buy it. and then boom something goes wrong  the performance is nearly a quarter less than notebookchek promised.
guess whos to blame for that

SIN

I'm quite dissatisfied with the Dell 7400, and this review. You are easily skipping over the part where the processor throttles down speed ridiculously because it reaches 100 degrees Celcius - even on battery power.

powerslave12r

Hard to believe this is where the legendary Latitude 7xxx series has ended up.

The E7440 through 7490 were the notebooks that had everything right (barring some issues on the 7490).

Until the next redesign!

B

I'm very disappointed in this laptop. It makes a LOT of noise when using a bit of cpu power. It does not run well with linux at all. It shows weird issues when using a Dell docking station, it has no ethernet port, it gets really hot after a short while & the fan makes a high pitching noise which is really annoying. 
I thought it was an upgrade from the 7490 version but this feels like a serious downgrade.
Shame on you DELL for bringing out such crap.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview