News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Google Nexus 10 Tablet

Started by Redaktion, December 23, 2012, 00:59:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

High-end meets budget. Google throws down the glove and challenges Apple and Microsoft. The Nexus 10 bids up-to-date hardware and a high-res 10.1 inch screen for a price starting at EUR 400. Is it the perfect gadget for the living room?

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Google-Nexus-10-Tablet.86358.0.html

coolniel

im scratching my head as to why companies like dell alienware and other workstation manufacturers dont slap one of this screens in there highend range of laptops.. seriously paying 4k on my m18x, i wish dell would put one of this in there next highend laptops.  :-\

shuhaab

it is better than ipad 4 and samsung still  doesn't brag  about it.

now thats the difference between samsung and apple

Constantin Alexandru

I think the reason Dell doesn't put such screens on it's laptops is cause software ain't there yet. I have a retina macbook pro and I have tons of problems with a high dpi screen in windows if I don't want to run it at full resolution (I mean 2880x1800 on a 15 inch is basically unreadable). If you use windows's scale feature in Windows 7 in some programs you get only the menus enlarged and some other stuff at acutall resolution. If you just change the resolution to let's say 1920x1200 all of your text looks blurry and annoying (the 150% increase in display scaling also has the same effect).
ok.. but windows 8 has high dpi support. yeap it has it.. just that the apps didn't catch up to use it yet. not even talking about problems of porting some apps that work wonderfully on windows 7 but fail to start in windows 8.
I think it should be more of a push for Microsoft to start properly supporting HiDpi screens.

MikeI

Why oh why moan about the absence of 3G if WiFi is free and widely available? I'd give Google a point or two just for unloading the extra cost and extra power consumption

mohamed

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview