News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Asus A56CB-XX053H Notebook

Started by Redaktion, March 28, 2013, 05:01:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Diet plan. Thin is in: Asus shrinks a classic multimedia laptop to ultrabook dimensions in the A56CB. NVidia's new GeForce GT 740M, which is to render even demanding 3D games smoothly, is installed for the first time. But the affordable 15 incher has quite a bit to offer beyond that as well.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Asus-A56CB-XX053H-Notebook.90108.0.html

Downey

Excellent review, and extensive too. It seems that this model satisfies what I am looking for in a laptop, but has there been a US release yet?

Taylor Swift

In the review for the S56CM (with the i5-3317U and GT 635M), it was mentioned that the ULV i5 bottlenecked the 635M chip by about 20%. But for the A56CB, with the weaker ULV i3 and stronger 740M, all gaming performance seems to have improved? Could you maybe shed some light on this? Is there a bottleneck for the 740M with the ULV i3?

I am planning on purchasing one of these overseas, and am really trying to find out if an i5-3317U version will bottleneck the 740M.

Thanks.

Till Schönborn

Well, this depends on the game and the settings. In my opinion, a Core i5-3317U and a GT 740M are an overall appropriate combination.

elzafir

Please review the 14" model as well. I need to know the battery life. Also, will this model receive a Haswell upgrade in a near future?

elzafir

Also, will the i7 version be needed for gaming and graphics editing (Corel Draw X6/Photoshop CS6)?
The difference is a staggering $300 between the i5 and i7 in my country. Also, is the S46CB/S46CM a worthwhile upgrade with the extra 24GB SSD cache? Or would I be better getting the A46/56 and install and SSD myself?

Hræsvelgr

ssd cache is sensless (in my opinion) - much too small and doesnt help at writing-speed. Only for a few readings.
a real ssd is much better and often costs the same, then such cache from the producer.. they want to earn good money ;)
Acer TravelMate 5720 | T9300 | HD2600 | 3GB DDR2 600mhz | 320GB HDD | BD-Player
Bj 04/2008
läuft wie am ersten Tag, ergonomische Tastatur - Dank an Acer!

Schenker XMG P722 | i7-3820QM | GTX680M | 16GB DDR3 1600mhz | 256GB SSD | 1TB HDD | BD-Player
Bj 10/2012
Schön verpackte Endlospower

Me

Just a question... Does the notebook use the sata 3.0 6Gb/s for the hard drive? Can I upgrade the hdd with an ssd?

Thank you!

Allen.Ngo

Quote from: Me on July 04, 2013, 22:23:36
Just a question... Does the notebook use the sata 3.0 6Gb/s for the hard drive? Can I upgrade the hdd with an ssd?

Thank you!

Hello,

The interface is SATA II, so 3Gb/s. An SSD installation is possible, make sure it is 7 mm to be certain that it will fit correctly

Me

Thanks for reply!
So, if I bought an ssd disk sata 3 should be the speed of the sata 2? Why, if the motherboard HM 76 is sata 3 capable, ASUS has decided to use the SATA 2 controller limiting the upgrade?
My last question is: there would still be an increase in performance compared to the disk installed by default?

Bye

Hræsvelgr

Sata 2 is still very fast - with up to 300 mb/s. an HDD gets at maximum 160 in reading - but only reading and only the fastet ones.. writing is much slower. So - ofcourse you will have a very faster system by using an ssd - even with sata 2.
Most SSD, wich arent the best and expensive (like samsung 840) arent so much faster then sata 2 specially at writing.
Acer TravelMate 5720 | T9300 | HD2600 | 3GB DDR2 600mhz | 320GB HDD | BD-Player
Bj 04/2008
läuft wie am ersten Tag, ergonomische Tastatur - Dank an Acer!

Schenker XMG P722 | i7-3820QM | GTX680M | 16GB DDR3 1600mhz | 256GB SSD | 1TB HDD | BD-Player
Bj 10/2012
Schön verpackte Endlospower

Ovi

So I bought one yesterday and I was amazed that for this price it's so thin and good looking and it can handle Black Ops 2 at 720p perfectly. A tiny bit of stutter but I have it running at almost 60 fps for multiplayer so I can be first on my team :)

The cooling system does work very very well. Perfectly quiet at idle and handles heat on full load.

The keyboard of very good. The touchpad can be sticky which is odd.

The main drawback is the horrible screen. The resolution would be fine (because of the price) but the screen changes when you move your head even a little bit. It really sucks. The viewing angles are completely horrid.

I would pay more but don't know which laptop is like this one but with a better screen. Help?...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview