News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Dell Precision M6700 Notebook

Started by Redaktion, November 28, 2012, 06:01:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Silent. It is beyond question that a mobile workstation has to be powerful and Dell's Precision M6700 fulfills this very well. Another feature of our test laptop is that it enables a virtually silent operation in many work situations. We extensively tested when this is the case and what else you can expect.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Dell-Precision-M6700-Notebook.84606.0.html

robert

i'm trying to find out how to spec a touchscreen with the m6700. does anyone know if this is possible? i want to do on screen painting and design work with a stylus.

screenworks

Get a Wacom Cintiq as a second monitor or the new highly reviewed Yiynova MP19U.   ;D

theUSer

I have M6700, and it is great desktop replacement notebook, with few issues. Main issue I have is:

EMBArraSSinglY bad FINGERPRINT LOGON:
1) when it fail to read fingerprint, it still show "logging in" message for 3-4sec, thus confusing you into thinking that scan was ok
2) after that it show 'fail' message and asks you to PRESS OK button , thus requiring you to move hand from reader and move mouse or press key
3) if it fail to read fingerprint few times, sometimes it move you to 'change user' instead of 'enter password' - so can easily enter your PASSWORD in PLAIN VIEW of anyone around
4) it always show DELL picture during login, not your account picture like normal windows login

This is part of Dell 'Data Protection', which is basically Embassy SW from Wave - and it has VERY BAD design (Since it is EMBASSY SW, it is EMBArraSSinglY bad ). On my previous notebook (Lenovo W700) , fingerprint reading was working as expected, which means it works so well that you dont notice it:
- while it match fingerprints, if says 'processing' instead of Dell's 'logging in' (thus not misinforming you)
- if it fail to match, it return you to same 'enter password or swipe finger' screen, thus not requiring you to press keys or mouse, just to swipe finger again
- if it fail multiple times, it leave you at 'enter password' manually, and NOT at 'change user', meaning you can not accidentally reveal your password to others if you start typing it after fingerprint reading fails
- it showed windows user icon instead of vendor one

I wonder if it was so hard for Embassy and Dell, after years and years of selling SW for fingerprints, to actually make something that is at least similarly useful as competition solutions.

george

Hy! Nice article. I want to know if graphics card can be replaced?

stéphane gil

I bought this machine 2 years ago... We are in 2021. This is a pure monster. I boost my M6700 with a Samsung SSD 1To and a 2To WD 2.5. And also 32 GO of Ram. It's a marvelous thing. 400 for the machine, 150 for the ram, 200 for the ssd and the 2To WD disk. I make my 3D conception on it. Works perfectly. I bought last week the brand new 2 CPU and GPU fans just in case, for only 70.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview