News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Camera Test: Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra vs Huawei P40 Pro vs OnePlus 8 Pro vs Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro – low-light fiasco for Samsung

Started by Redaktion, May 12, 2020, 21:20:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

4 categories, 3 winners. The crème de la crème of Android smartphone photography in comparison: Samsung's and Xiaomi's pixel behemoths Galaxy S20 Ultra and Mi 10 Pro, a P40 Pro, and the new OnePlus 8 Pro pitted against each other to find out which one offers the best camera.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Camera-Test-Samsung-Galaxy-S20-Ultra-vs-Huawei-P40-Pro-vs-OnePlus-8-Pro-vs-Xiaomi-Mi-10-Pro-low-light-fiasco-for-Samsung.464823.0.html

S.Yu

Hmmm, I was skeptical about the telephotos so I took a harder look, it seems that the S20 indoor 5x was blurry because of lack of OIS...and operational issues of course. IMO there should be a test of how many keepers out of 10 between the telephotos to determine how much of an issue lack of OIS is. In contrast, in the outdoors 5x S20 is at least as good as the Xiaomi in terms of resolution and seems to have a little more DR too, as expected from the sensor size.
The S20 UWA is...possibly decentered, its plane of focus seems slanted, resulting in either the left or the right side being blurred. This would be a defect and deserves a return or at least repairs.
I thought the focus issue has been fixed but apparently not for all variants, but the low light performance is still worse than what I've seen in other reviews.
Overall...indeed Oneplus seems to be the all-rounder.

dazed1

Im blind or there are NO nigh mode photos? all i see is photo mode, and the so called perfect shot from the S20U is missing?

dazed1

Quote from: S.Yu on May 14, 2020, 19:20:26
Hmmm, I was skeptical about the telephotos so I took a harder look, it seems that the S20 indoor 5x was blurry because of lack of OIS...and operational issues of course. IMO there should be a test of how many keepers out of 10 between the telephotos to determine how much of an issue lack of OIS is. In contrast, in the outdoors 5x S20 is at least as good as the Xiaomi in terms of resolution and seems to have a little more DR too, as expected from the sensor size.
The S20 UWA is...possibly decentered, its plane of focus seems slanted, resulting in either the left or the right side being blurred. This would be a defect and deserves a return or at least repairs.
I thought the focus issue has been fixed but apparently not for all variants, but the low light performance is still worse than what I've seen in other reviews.

S20U has OIS on telephoto

S.Yu

Quote from: dazed1 on May 19, 2020, 01:45:22
Quote from: S.Yu on May 14, 2020, 19:20:26

S20U has OIS on telephoto
Then my point still stands, count the keepers out of 10 to determine how relevant OIS really is, and the difference in effectiveness of the OIS in different lens modules.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview