News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad T14s G4 Intel Laptop Review: OLED instead of battery life

Started by Redaktion, October 10, 2023, 00:43:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Lenovo puts an OLED panel into its ThinkPad T14s Gen 4 Intel. This screen delivers a great picture quality, but an important aspect of this business laptop is suffering from the screen choice: the battery life.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-T14s-G4-Intel-Laptop-Review-OLED-instead-of-battery-life.758333.0.html

AV buddy

I have been using T14G4 Intel for a month with OLED 32GB RAM and i7, the OLED is not impressive, even I did not feel using OLED sometimes, may be due to major clerical works or surfing only. Overall is acceptable model, but no surprise. It is worth for money anyways.

Logoffon

Quote from: PWM should be banned! on October 11, 2023, 13:02:46OLED = PWM :-(
No buy.
I genuinely wonder if over 70% of Notebookcheck guest commenters (and maybe even readers) are anti-PWM regardless wether they're sensitive to its flickering or not, and I'm surprised that those people haven't yet teamed up to start an actual movement lobbying the industry to stop using OLED panels, and/or the governments to ban the sales of devices with them.

AV Buddy

Well, is me again, I am not aware of PWM of my T14s Gen4 Intel OLED in a month of use.

I have no complaint about this model, just wonder OLED is similar to LCD of my X1C6. I expected a surprise of image quality before buying T14s G4, but see so-so quality finally.

Nevertheless, it is up-to-standard machine, just I found no apparent differences with my 4 years old X1C6 besides 32GB memory and more cores of CPU. 

Vincent Chi

Please help to add Cinebench2024 & Geekbench6 benchmark test, it will be good for latest CPU.
(Cinebench2024 need 10mins test lead-time, it could know laptop thermal capacity design)

andrew silver

Quote from: Logoffon on October 12, 2023, 13:51:41
Quote from: PWM should be banned! on October 11, 2023, 13:02:46OLED = PWM :-(
No buy.
I genuinely wonder if over 70% of Notebookcheck guest commenters (and maybe even readers) are anti-PWM regardless wether they're sensitive to its flickering or not, and I'm surprised that those people haven't yet teamed up to start an actual movement lobbying the industry to stop using OLED panels, and/or the governments to ban the sales of devices with them.

This is the place where people who are sensitive to PWM come to find out this information, thanks to the (mostly) rigorous testing here.
Therefore it's not surprising if the readers/comments are rather disproportionate.

I for one certainly hope they ban this dreadful technology.

GP

OLED does not *have* to mean PWM. Many phone manufacturers supply OLED screens with either no PWM or such high frequencies the human eye can't notice them. Samsung does do PWM at low frequencies but Honor has really high ones for example. And some brands have a no-flicker mode like OnePlus.

I'm also sensitive to it. I see it instantly in cheap christmas lights or crappy LED bulbs. Also the colour fringing of DLP projectors makes me crazy :P

GP

PS: In terms of OLED I'm really happy to see an RGB pixel matrix, as IMO PenTile is a horrible scam in cases where you can see subpixels.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview